• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What does Brexit mean for me?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    what does Brexit mean?

You lot whining on and grasping at every straw as it becomes more obvious the EU realises they are doomed. Watch Europe slide to the right, lets hope the Donald rescues it from disaster as the US always has to.

Though the fantasists wanting to impose a Canada -- deal are quite funny.
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Was just about to post that link: https://www.parliament.uk/documents/...l-Briefing.pdf

Ever since the referendum anyone who has raised the point that Brexit will have a big negative impact on our economy has been howled down as a 'scaremonger' or 'doing Britain down' or worse.

Yet here is the Governments own Brexit report coming to exactly the same conclusion we and many others have reached ... no wonder they fought so hard to keep it secret

So Brexiters, anyone want to apologise and admit they were wrong? (Holds breath in anticipation!)
    This report is just more civil service so called expert metropolitan elite project fear mongering. I bet there is no mention of the future boom in jam exports.

Comment

Abstract Noun Syndrome

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
      I'm not making fun, I think depression is a serious illness.
      Not as serious as self delusion.

People like you skim above the surface, swallow any old abstract nouns people tempt you with and always look on the bright side.

Brexit is not the worse thing in the history of the world but be totally clear: there is no bright side. Not a single one of the benefits they told you would come your way actually will. Not one more Rolls Royce Trent will be sold to New Zealand. Not one more bar of Dairy Milk will be shipped to Zambia . Not one more penny will be saved for the NHS etc etc etc. Haven't you noticed how not a single concrete benefit has been identified?

Not a single one.
      "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post

People like you skim above the surface, swallow any old abstract nouns people tempt you with and always look on the bright side.

Brexit is not the worse thing in the history of the world but be totally clear: there is no bright side. Not a single one of the benefits they told you would come your way actually will. Not one more Rolls Royce Trent will be sold to New Zealand. Not one more bar of Dairy Milk will be shipped to Zambia . Not one more penny will be saved for the NHS etc etc etc. Haven't you noticed how not a single concrete benefit has been identified?

Not a single one.

But it is great news for offshore companies who want deregulation.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Not a single one.
          Except for free unicorns.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
            Except for free unicorns.
            Nonsense. The market in fidget-spinners, squishies, and comfort blankets is going through the roof as a result of angst-ridden bremoaners desperately blowing their wads seeking solace from the democratic decision to dynamically change direction.
            Buy shares in them now and make a killing. It will help you finance your next body-piercing or tattoo anyway.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Not a single one.
              Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
              Nonsense. The market in fidget-spinners, squishies, and comfort blankets is going through the roof as a result of angst-ridden bremoaners desperately blowing their wads seeking solace from the democratic decision to dynamically change direction.
              Buy shares in them now and make a killing. It will help you finance your next body-piercing or tattoo anyway.

The take home message from your post is to invest in Diageo.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                Where do you hear these arguments from? Because it's incredibly general and vague. If anyone said either of those arguments to me then I would ask them what they meant.
                Try reading a BBC HYS on a new story even vaguely related to Brexit and you will see it daily, and multiple times. Plus many more untruths and baseless arguments from the leave side.
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post

A typically 'intelligent' comment from a brexiter. Faced with all the facts on why brexit will be bad for the UK, and in particular how it will hit those least likely to be able to cope with the negative impact, and you get stupid comments like this back.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I didn't vote remain because I thought being out the EU would hurt me personally - whatever storm is coming I'm pretty sure with my skills and contacts I'll not only weather it but prosper; I made a very nice little earner out of transformation programmes following the financial crash! I voted remain as I could see the impact it would have on those regions of the UK most vulnerable to a downturn, ironically the ones who voted out and were fooled by the lies of Boris and his pals. An altruistic vote in many ways as I'm more likely to do better under the chaos of Brexit, but I don't want that if many others have to suffer.

Clearly Shaun you, and many others who voted out (again refer to the comments on BBC HYS for the Gibralter story are anything to go by) don't give a damn about others and are happy to make many Britains suffer if it allows you to give 2 fingers to the EU for some perceived slight. A very selfish attitude, but I'm sure you'll come back with some 'witty' remark followed by a pointless emoji and think you're being clever, but actually make yourself look like the fool you are.
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                    Copious amounts of pious twaddle deleted
                    Spare us the handwringing hypocrisy Mother Theresa.

You voted Remain for your own selfish reasons because any change to the status quo might impact your personal situation.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Not a single one.
                      Hmm very sure aren't you?

I'm fairly sure the EU members will lurch to the right and the EU will crumble. I see more signs of that happening than the UK not doing deals.

Not heard of the FrancaisWorth, DeustchlandWorth or Belgianworth, it seems we are the only colonial power that our former colonies don't hate with a vengance. Who is in charge of the EU??
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X