• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit, Snowflakes, Millenials, and being offended!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ye Gods, this whole "Brexit" sub-category seems to be a real "safe space" for CUK's whining Bremoaner and Brexiter community to huddle together within and gurn in unison.

FTFY. Hope it doesn't make you melt

FTFY

there's feck all anyone here can do about this. get on with your lives FFS

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      Is it any more protectionist than the US ?

I heard Rees-Mogg going on about the EU's tariffs on clothing so I compared with the US, and guess what, the US had higher tariffs generally on textiles.

As an example the Japanese have invested heavily in the EU and now make up a significant part of the Auto market.

When a British long distance lorry driver spends 30 hours a week in customs trying to get in the EU he won't have much option but to sit out and earn significantly less, because he won't be able to hop on ferry to drive it to China, and that is just one example. Huge numbers of businesses will simply suffer when the UK raises its protectionist barriers.
      I think we have to play to your strengths. Our strengths are in our brand, world wide reputation for excellence and quality despite what we tell ourselves sometimes. So we would sell premium products and services. You can't compete with low cost countries selling stuff that can be produced anywhere.

If a lottery driver spends 30 hours in customs then the EU is going to have a heck of a problem. Because Europe makes a boat load of cash from us. It's in their interest to keep that going.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
        I think we have to play to your strengths. Our strengths are in our brand, world wide reputation for excellence and quality despite what we tell ourselves sometimes. So we would sell premium products and services. You can't compete with low cost countries selling stuff that can be produced anywhere.

If a lottery driver spends 30 hours in customs then the EU is going to have a heck of a problem. Because Europe makes a boat load of cash from us. It's in their interest to keep that going.
        get with the Program, the UK is finished only the EU can survive.

Jeez bunch of fecking losers!
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          ...Jeez bunch of fecking losers!
          A rare display of self-awareness from a Brexiter.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            get with the Program, the UK is finished only the EU can survive.

Jeez bunch of fecking losers!
            WHS

I think that is a great conclusion to the Brexit debate.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
            X