• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just give us the ffin money

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just give us the ffin money

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    yes that is the way our parliament works. However she went to the polls specifically to cement her prime ministership. If the Tories had lost she would no longer be prime minister she was nearly deposed because she lost so much of the majority. There is no equivalent in the EU.

Sorry if you find that difficult to understand.
    I find that quite simple to understand, it's you that is missing the thread of the argument. Mordac stated that he was against the EU because he was unable to vote against a specific member. I've pointed out that he - and you - are unable to vote for a specific member except your own constituency in our own parliament. Therefore his argument is false.

Comment

Stop sneering at the snowflake brexiters.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
        Teresa May is in a senior position within the UK government. Are you able to vote against her?
        If I moved to Maidenhead I could vote for another candidate, alternatively I could vote in my own constituency for any candidate of my choosing.
        You are sort of missing the point, which is that nobody in the EU votes for a candidate, they vote for a party, and the party selects the MEP on the voters behalf. The whole system is fundamentally flawed, and we end up with crackpot cockwaffle like this sort of idea.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Stop sneering at the snowflake brexiters.
          Sorry about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
            If I moved to Maidenhead I could vote for another candidate, alternatively I could vote in my own constituency for any candidate of my choosing.
            You are sort of missing the point, which is that nobody in the EU votes for a candidate, they vote for a party, and the party selects the MEP on the voters behalf. The whole system is fundamentally flawed, and we end up with crackpot cockwaffle like this sort of idea.
            that's obviously a lie stop talking down the democratic EU.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
              Oh, okay - yes I was missing your point then, perhaps you should have made it clearer that your objection was to proportional representation generally rather than a specific candidate.

There are positives and negatives to both proportional and FPTP. Which part of proportional representation do you consider to be fundamentally flawed and why?

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                If the Tories had lost she would no longer be prime minister she was nearly deposed because she lost so much of the majority.
                FTFY. She lost her majority. All of it. Hence the requirement for a deal with DUP.

I love the way the Brexiters, having been defeated concerning the democratic nature of the EU, are now trying to claim that proportional representation is, somehow, undemocratic, and only the British first-past-the-post system is properly democratic.

Why don't you just admit defeat? You won, get over it.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  FTFY. She lost her majority. All of it. Hence the requirement for a deal with DUP.

I love the way the Brexiters, having been defeated concerning the democratic nature of the EU, are now trying to claim that proportional representation is, somehow, undemocratic, and only the British first-past-the-post system is properly democratic.

Why don't you just admit defeat? You won, get over it.
                  Are these the same Brexiters that were moaning in 2015 that UKIP had won 12.7% of the vote but only had 1 seat, and that proportional representation would have been much fairer?

Comment

Working...
                  X