• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The more sinister side of Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mattfx View Post
    Asked however if that same person will now face a mountain of paperwork when wanting to go on holiday anywhere, or purchase anything from another country the answer is undoubtedly yes
    Well hardly...............unless your idea of a mountain is dutch-flavoured.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by simondolan View Post
      Inflation is what it was in 2012 - before the vote. And still historically low. Sterling back to where it was in late 2016. Your contention then I guess is that nurses were better off then?
      Nurses have had effectively a pay cut over the last 7 years due to pay caps and the 1% pay rise inflation has made them effectively £1000 worse off.

That may have been OK pre Brexit as inflation was very low, now we have inflation at around 2.8% and rising all as a result of Brexit , god forbid we don't go out on WTO rules as that will cause inflation to rise faster , but nurses still are not being given a pay rise and Mr Johnson told everyone , I remember it well , that Brexit would not cause any economic decline if people voted to leave.

Just exposing lies of Tory government , I accept Brexit and you may find it surprising that I also support some of its benefits, but I do believe they now deserve an apology from Mr Johnson.
      Warning unicorn meat may give you hallucinations

Comment

Originally posted by motoukenin View Post
        Nurses have had effectively a pay cut over the last 7 years due to pay caps and the 1% pay rise inflation has made them effectively £1000 worse off.

That may have been OK pre Brexit as inflation was very low, now we have inflation at around 2.8% and rising all as a result of Brexit , god forbid we don't go out on WTO rules as that will cause inflation to rise faster , but nurses still are not being given a pay rise and Mr Johnson told everyone , I remember it well , that Brexit would not cause any economic decline if people voted to leave.

Just exposing lies of Tory government , I accept Brexit and you may find it surprising that I also support some of its benefits, but I do believe they now deserve an apology from Mr Johnson.
        Hopefully at Brexit all the foreign nurses will leave. The UK will train far more and they will be better paid.

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
          I'd disagree, but it's also worth noting that the other sides lies were easier to expose.

So what are you hoping to achieve with your hot air and waste of effort?
          Yes but as we were already in , I think the onus was on the leavers to make a good case to leave that would benefit everyone, without lying.

Probably won't achieve a lot but for people on low incomes getting the right facts out is important.
          Warning unicorn meat may give you hallucinations

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Hopefully at Brexit all the foreign nurses will leave. The UK will train far more and they will be better paid.

yes Brillo, and pigs might fly

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Ah. CUK extrapolation. A woman is not pregnant one day and pregnant the next. After 40 weeks she will deliver 280 babies.

If you are going to spot bollox, best to have a sockie account. Or is sasguru one of yours?
              Straw man argument rather than extrapolation, but taking that into account - what examples can you give of the assertion you made that countries with less disparity between rich and poor (which remember is always relative) are indeed "happier" or "more content"
              P.S. What Spreadsheet? Revolutionising the contracting market again.

Comment

Originally posted by motoukenin View Post
                What is the maths behind that £1000?
                P.S. What Spreadsheet? Revolutionising the contracting market again.

Comment

Probably won't achieve a lot but for people on low incomes getting the right facts out is important.
                  Facts about what exactly?
                  Post-referendum it's largely irrelevant 'wot won it' (bit like the Blair Government getting in for a third term when they'd basically bankrupted the country).
                  If by facts you mean the constant political 'briefings' to the media, these are not facts they are predictions with a particular slant (on either side). T

he sooner we get shot of a layer of policitocs the better, and why stop there we need 'small' government.

Comment

Straw man argument rather than extrapolation, but taking that into account - what examples can you give of the assertion you made that countries with less disparity between rich and poor (which remember is always relative) are indeed "happier" or "more content"
                    I was trying to find a graph that shows exactly that.
                    Unfortunately happiness cannot be quantified so is not a useful measure of anything.

Although the murder rate can be quantified and does appear to correlate with inequality.
                    https://www.citylab.com/equity/2014/...e-common/6015/
                    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

What is the maths behind that £1000?
                      Now you'll make him take his socks and shoes off again..................
                      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                      X