• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The more sinister side of Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bee View Post
    Only with you.

I'll keep that in mind for when the time comes

Now, how do we get rid of the rest of them ?

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
      My dad (grew up in the east end in the second world war) has a great theory on this. TV kills more people than guns. They were pot-less when he grew up but they were all in poverty so everyone was in ignorance of how tulip it was. Today we have a media complex built on showing twats like the Kardashians pissing money up the wall and being well deserving of a painful death. So the poor get infinite time to sit and watch how the other 1% live.

It not only creates envy but it shows them how tulip their life is and how they need a new phone coat or other piece of crap to make them feel like a class they will never reach.

As for suicide in the Nordics. Try living without sunlight for most of the year...
      Possibly but I think research has shown that peoples malcontent comes from comparison with immediate peers rather than "celebs".

Nordics - kinda makes my point that the "happiness" index isn't perhaps all its cracked up to be!
      P.S. What Spreadsheet? Revolutionising the contracting market again.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
        Ah, but you didn't say that in your original post did you? You said:

And that's what we've known for ages.

It's all here in this article (from a US paper, so there's a different viewpoint.
        The isolationist catastrophe of 'Brexit' - LA Times
        OK , from your reply to the original it looked like you were a supporter of f**g up the UK economy. Good news that your not and I will put you down as a long term converter.
        Warning unicorn meat may give you hallucinations

Comment

Poland, Russia, Belgium and India all have higher suicide rates than the Nordic countries and the United Kingdom has a higher suicide rate than Greece and they're well buggered...
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by motoukenin View Post
            OK , from your reply to the original it looked like you were a supporter of f**g up the UK economy. Good news that your not and I will put you down as a long term converter.
            I wouldn’t if I were you - I voted to leave...
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

A few points to note:

1) Of course we are leaving the EU to teach the rich idiots in London and south east a lesson. That was never any doubt on that and you could see the poor sharpening their pencils for exit the very minute that chinless twat Osborn stood up and said it will crash house prices and cause economic woes. Yes it was cynical that the leavers used that vitriol to get them what they wanted but frankly we the middle classes provided the petrol for this no doubts.
              Problem is it won't work. The rich educated koonts in London and the South East (of which I am one) will be just fine. It's the thick fookers who haven't been able to get on their bike for whatveer reason who'll suffer. Which is totally right and correct. Just invest in security firms - we're simply going to have more inequality and the rich will retreat into their guarded gated communities, like parts of the US
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

So the poor get infinite time to sit and watch how the other 1% live.
                and herein lies a big issue.
                The 1% are your neighbours, friends and family, and you as an IT contractor are also likely in the top 1% of earners (depending on how you measure it). 1% is a LOT of ordinary people.

Corbyn and McDonnel want to tax the f*** out of the 1%. The 0.1% and the 0.01% will be just fine, but the vitriolic hatred for the 1% will allow them to tax the hard workers.

The Kardashians (whoever they are) are likely in the 0.001%
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  Problem is it won't work. The rich educated koonts in London and the South East (of which I am one) will be just fine. It's the thick fookers who haven't been able to get on their bike for whatveer reason who'll suffer. Which is totally right and correct. Just invest in security firms - we're simply going to have more inequality and the rich will retreat into their guarded gated communities, like parts of the US
                  The difference is in London the thugs are well armed and the rich can't carry guns so its a fairly uneven. As a little titbit to make you feel nice and safe. A few years ago an average recovered firearm could be attributed to anything up to 20 shootings. Today the majority are single use weapons...

Your security guards cannot carry arms. the guy robing you... thats another matter.

Comment

The difference is in London the thugs are well armed and the rich can't carry guns so its a fairly uneven. As a little titbit to make you feel nice and safe. A few years ago an average recovered firearm could be attributed to anything up to 20 shootings. Today the majority are single use weapons...

Your security guards cannot carry arms. the guy robing you... thats another matter.
                    Bollux. This is a game the rich always win. If firearm crime increases in London, things will be done.
                    After all this is where the governing classes live.
                    Last edited by sasguru; 13 October 2017, 14:51.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                      and herein lies a big issue.
                      The 1% are your neighbours, friends and family, and you as an IT contractor are also likely in the top 1% of earners (depending on how you measure it). 1% is a LOT of ordinary people.

Corbyn and McDonnel want to tax the f*** out of the 1%. The 0.1% and the 0.01% will be just fine, but the vitriolic hatred for the 1% will allow them to tax the hard workers.

The Kardashians (whoever they are) are likely in the 0.001%
                      There was a good documentary a while back that talked about the 1% the alarming thing is when you go to global scale, all of the UK poor included make up part of that 1%

https://www.ifs.org.uk/wheredoyoufitin/

Comment

Working...
                      X