• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit talks cannot succeed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Every country in the EU growing faster than the UK
    Last edited by BlasterBates; 3 September 2017, 12:16.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
      The reason we EUrinetakers keep posting is the situation is actually changing. It started off grim and now its getting slowly but steadily even worse.

And we delight in rubbing that in.

We're not depressed. We just see weakness and don't want you walking off, pretending your initial half-baked concept will somehow be alright in the end.

As I've said, taking advantage of you, Shaunboy etc, is somewhat easy pickings. But its only pub banter. We're just filling the time between rounds. But there's absolutely no incentive to back off when we're on a winning streak. All you have to do is confess you were wrong and we'll all move on to something different.

Just so you don't accuse me of pointless insults, my contention about why it's getting worse is:

1) the clock is ticking and no progress has been made
      2) more and more influential groups are aligning with the no-Brexit (aka Stay in the Single Market/Customs Union etc) stance - including Labour
      3) the EU show zero interest in what happens to us. The "They cannot do without us - they've got too much to lose" contingent are waiting for the Messiah to come. And just like last time it is starting to look like he won't be back for at least 2017 years.

Can you think of anything that suggests things are on track?
      Strange post, you come across quite strange.

1. So what the clock is ticking.
      2. Labour have changed their stance several times. They want to appeal to the widest possible group of voters, they see derailing the brexit negotiation as their chance to get into power. Really no desire to see brexit work. Pretty cynical if you ask me, promise the earth and enough people may be fooled by it.
      3. The EU serves itself, not it's citizens. The EU may not want a deal but it's business does -so they can sell their goods to us at inflated prices with the protection of a trade deal.

We would be better out of the Custom Union and Single Market. If EU wants to add barriers to our goods/services, fine, it will only hurt them. It costs more for them to buy our goods, we can sell elsewhere. Same for services, make it difficult we can sell elsewhere. I see a trade deal as making things simple and making it as free as possible from barriers.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        For the EU that's the problem - if there is no legal backing for the EU demands - there is no legal justification for it.

Equally all the credit agencies want is to know that the UK Government can and will repay the money owed to other banks. That isn't a problem as Government bonds are in £ and the Government can just print £...

Finally the EU economy is growing where you live. Head elsewhere and the picture isn't as rosy (personally Munich is a dump but hey each to their own)...
        There you have it, if the UK is not legally obliged it'll not honour its debts. I'm sure that'll go down well.

Credit agencies don't care what the governments do, that don't want to know, they care about their fees and nothing else. Honestly people have you learned nothing from 2008? The financial is fraudulent and corrupt backed up by the taxpayer. The only way the world moves forward is trough mutual agreement.

The UK printing bonds is a massive problem for people living in the UK. You advertise it like it is a saviour and really is it the guillotine. The economy needs productivity to increase, not on-call jobs or whatever you call them.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
          It costs more for them to buy our goods, we can sell elsewhere.
          What are you smoking? The UK has just reduced the cost of its exports by a 1/3 since last year

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            There you have it, if the UK is not legally obliged it'll not honour its debts. I'm sure that'll go down well.

Credit agencies don't care what the governments do, that don't want to know, they care about their fees and nothing else. Honestly people have you learned nothing from 2008? The financial is fraudulent and corrupt backed up by the taxpayer. The only way the world moves forward is trough mutual agreement.

The UK printing bonds is a massive problem for people living in the UK. You advertise it like it is a saviour and really is it the guillotine. The economy needs productivity to increase, not on-call jobs or whatever you call them.
            The UK has said it will pay a divorce bill. It has no legal obligation in its opinion and has spelt this out to the EU. It's part of the negotiations but i imagine will we still pay into certain agencies.

I don't agree about moving forward with mutual agreement unless you mean we agree to be competitive with each other.

I do agree productivity does need to increase, being out of the EU should help with that.

Comment

What are you smoking? The UK has just reduced the cost of its exports by a 1/3 since last year

If you put tariffs on goods or increase the cost/complexity of providing services, then the consumer wishing to buy those services/goods has to pay more, it's simple economics. Sterling devaluing does mean it costs less to buy goods/services but I'm talking about the EU then putting barriers up on services or Tariffs onto goods to make them more expensive than goods from within the EU.

Comment

The UK has said it will pay a divorce bill. It has no legal obligation in its opinion and has spelt this out to the EU. It's part of the negotiations but i imagine will we still pay into certain agencies.

I don't agree about moving forward with mutual agreement unless you mean we agree to be competitive with each other.

I do agree productivity does need to increase, being out of the EU should help with that.
                The inability to substitute investment with cheap European labour may mean companies start to invest in productivity...
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

It's all becoming hypothetical, everyone in parliament apart from fanatical Brexiteers now believe Brexit is a huge mess, and looks like that May will be ousted

Theresa May to be skewered by Tory MPs

I'm alright Jack

Comment

So currency fluctuations have resulted in it being nearly the same as in Jun 2011? Well before the referendum and EUgeddon started, lets forget every man & his dog is playing GBP down.

I must rush out and build the bunker in the back yard I'm sending Mrs V to buy baked beans!

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Imagine courting trade deals with the rest of the world after ripping up a free trade deal with the largest trading block in the world after defaulting on the bill. Not a great advertisement is it? Of course the UK will pay and for this reason. The UK is in a very weak position here.

The world economy works because we agree to trade this for that. Not because we out smart the partner. We simply must trade with some EU countries just because our climate does not allow for the same produce back home, for example.

Why? Productively is nothing to do with worker volume, if that's what you're getting at.

Comment

Working...
                      X