• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hard Brexit means people fleeing UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    And yet the deficit is still going up.
    The deficit is going down.

HTH

BIDI

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      And yet the deficit is still going up.
      Only in Sterling

Comment

so its a question they expect to be asked with the responses below.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          An article from 2013 quoting the Daily Mail?

Meanwhile the title of this thread is a quote from a document of Jeremy Hunt's.

Jeremy Hunt gaffes by exposing NHS notes in Downing Street | Daily Mail Online
          yes explaining that we have 'lazy brits not willing to work' is a lie. A response to Chimpmaster's quoted post.

Sorry if its too complicated for you I ran out of crayons...

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            yes explaining that we have 'lazy brits not willing to work' is a lie. A response to Chimpmaster's quoted post.

Sorry if its too complicated for you I ran out of crayons...

Sheesh calm down man.

It's not a lie BTW. There are scores of lazy Brits unwilling to work because they are too used to social welfare. Stop the welfare payments and there will be riots, due to these lazy Brits losing their "entitlement" to free Monday. It's not like they will think 'oh look, we have no free money now, let's go and get a job instead and contribute to society'.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
              Sheesh calm down man.

It's not a lie BTW. There are scores of lazy Brits unwilling to work because they are too used to social welfare. Stop the welfare payments and there will be riots, due to these lazy Brits losing their "entitlement" to free Monday. It's not like they will think 'oh look, we have no free money now, let's go and get a job instead and contribute to society'.
              as per the Guardian analysis there are actually very few and most of them are in isolated pockets.

If you have followed my posts over the years I am a strong supporter of workfare & linking benefits to work which has been extremely effective in pushing many shirkers into employment. No riots needed.

I believe sanctions are a good move but evidence suggests that they are badly applied.

If wages rise, benefits adjust to encourage seasonal work and benefit eligibility falls then very few lazy brits will remain and most of those should be in prison or drug rehab.

I also suspect there is a widescale abuse of benefits with people claiming while working.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                I also suspect there is a widescale abuse of benefits with people claiming while working.
                Tell me about it. Still getting the child benefits despite being resident in another country.

Just kidding.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

It must be completely obvious to anyone looking at the photo above that this is a deliberate leak.

Maybe they feel it will be more convincing if it appears to be an accidental revelation of some secret discussions rather than a direct public statement. But then why bother with the charade when everyone knows it was accidental on purpose? Pathetic.

Or maybe this guy isn't flashing documents on behalf of the cabinet but is off the reservation and publicly signaling his dissent.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    It must be completely obvious to anyone looking at the photo above that this is a deliberate leak. .
                    aye ken. Perhaps its a double bluff. Anything to get the chattering classes working overtime so that they might forget the doom for a minute.

His grin during the spill is top quality.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      In fact more people are leaving and leaving sooner than I predicted.
                      Yet another friend has closed his UK business (with a loss of 40 jobs) and started trading from Austria.
                      His main reason was that he want's to keep EU citizenship.
                      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                      X