• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tory and Labour MPs plot secret deal to ensure soft Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Is the eating out obligatory?

I mean fine most the time but a few days a month it may an idea to give it a miss.

Unless that's your thing I suppose.

🐈
    Wasn't thinking so much about the consumer as much I was about the UK economy being propped up the ever strong services sector.

UK services sector expands at fastest rate this year

If eating out becomes too expensive that sector will come down with a crash bang wallop. But I'm sure leave voters already priced this in.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

To sum up the strength of the UK economy is:

restaurants, gyms and hairdressers
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        MPs act in what they think is the best interests of the people of their constituency. It that way, they represent the people. However, they do not have to do what the majority (or even a large minority) of the people in their constituency want. And usually they don't.

From that, you apparently draw the conclusion that "Parliament is the people", ...
        It's a well accepted figure of speech. Everyone knows MPs are representatives not delegates.

FFS, arguing with literal-minded nitpickers is like trying to push a pea up a hill with one's nose!
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
        X