• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tory and Labour MPs plot secret deal to ensure soft Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    There indeed will be a transition, a very long transition and there will indeed be a bucket of sickFTA, and to get a feel for what that FTA will look like, look no further than Switzerland. Incidentally Switzerland also negotiates its own trade deals. I doubt whether the Conservative government will complete the negotiations on the FTA, that will probably be a Labour government.

Is that your preference? Perhaps you take the view that the EUnimatrix comes before national governance . Certainly, a Corbyn gov't would be "interesting". It's surprising how many self-proclaimed moderates are now hoping for "interesting times", so I suppose you're in good company. Meanwhile, a Swiss deal is looking rather unlikely. Last I heard, the EU was trying very hard to kill the Swiss deal for the Swiss .

Perhaps they can distribute that bucket of sick among the net beneficiaries when we leave?

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
      Is that your preference? Perhaps you take the view that the EUnimatrix comes before national governance . Certainly, a Corbyn gov't would be "interesting". It's surprising how many self-proclaimed moderates are now hoping for "interesting times", so I suppose you're in good company. Meanwhile, a Swiss deal is looking rather unlikely. Last I heard, the EU was trying very hard to kill the Swiss deal for the Swiss .

Perhaps they can distribute that bucket of sick among the net beneficiaries when we leave?

What are you predicting ?

Do you think after 2 years the EU will cave in and offer the UK a fantastic deal to make them the envy of the EU ?

or are you saying the UK will crash out without a deal, and the government will survive a motion of no confidence and go on to win a landslide ?

I'm alright Jack

Comment

What are you predicting ?

Do you think after 2 years the EU will cave in and offer the UK a fantastic deal to make them the envy of the EU ?

or are you saying the UK will crash out without a deal, and the government will survive a motion of no confidence and go on to win a landslide ?

What are you hoping for?

Are you hoping that, after 2 years, the UK will cave in and accept a terrible deal that makes them the envy of supranational bureaucracies everywhere (let's call it "taxation without representation")?

Or are you hoping that Korbyn will secure a landslide and that the UK will greatly benefit from a more, er, "authoritarian democracy"?

Comment

If we end up like Switzerland - sounds good to me!!!
          http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
            Expensive housing, food, eating out? Yeah sure that'll go down a treat.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Sounds very unlikely, because there can be only one Switzerland

HTH

Comment

I would agree with you on that, but the problem is that it would cause a lot of Brexiters to sit under a table with a paper bag over their head.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

I would agree with you on that, but the problem is that it would cause a lot of Brexiters to sit under a table with a paper bag over their head.

Conversely, anything other than unfettered FoM, and the minority of hardcore remainers will be reaching for the tinfoil. I predict that CUK will either be propping up the price of aluminium or paper over the coming years. I'm long aluminium.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    Expensive housing, food, eating out? Yeah sure that'll go down a treat.
                    Is the eating out obligatory?

I mean fine most the time but a few days a month it may an idea to give it a miss.

Unless that's your thing I suppose.

🐈

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                      Conversely, anything other than unfettered FoM, and the minority of hardcore remainers will be reaching for the tinfoil. I predict that CUK will either be propping up the price of aluminium or paper over the coming years. I'm long aluminium.

Minority ?

Unfortunately Mrs May's small majority was swept aside by a majority (Labour plus all the other parties) who are clearly prepared to:

In trade negotiations our priorities favour growth, jobs and prosperity. We make no apologies for putting these aims before bogus immigration targets.
                      Last edited by BlasterBates; 17 June 2017, 15:48.
                      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X