• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff (part 2)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Just as a matter of interest, to the Brexiteers on here, why is it you want Brexit? It can't be the 350 million pounds / day for the NHS (IIRC), that's a lie. And even if you leave the EU, that doesn't mean immigration will be curbed, so what is the reason?

Oh dear: JAGUAR LAND ROVER confirms new factory in SLOVAKIA
    Of course that won't be used as a stepping stone into the European Union will it.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Just as a matter of interest, to the Brexiteers on here, why is it you want Brexit? It can't be the 350 million pounds / day for the NHS (IIRC), that's a lie. And even if you leave the EU, that doesn't mean immigration will be curbed, so what is the reason?

Cheap Slave's?

The EU is fundamentally undemocratic, with the founding 6 have the best deal.
      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

of course none of the major manufacturers have been taking advantage of Eastern Europe cheap costs even before Brexit.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
          Brexit Haiku?

Democracy speaks
          Majority rules supreme
          Enact article!
          Brexit kicked into the long grass!!

A Supreme Court judge has suggested “comprehensive” legislation may be required to trigger Brexit, potentially delaying the move for two years.
          Source: Theresa May dealt fresh blow as Supreme Court judge signals major delay on starting Brexit
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

The EU is fundamentally undemocratic, with the founding 6 have the best deal.
            Says the guy supporting a system of Royal privilege where unelected house of lords pass laws headed by a unelected PM westminster
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I will indulge you on this one

The Jaguar landrover factory has been on the cards for over 4 years. It was a choice between Romania and Czech so it is irrelevant to Brexit.
              Jaguar has huge investments in the Midlands anyway and it makes sense to spread their manufacturing.

as for voting Brexit;

1. Competence of the EU why does our relationship with the rest of the EU have to be defined by these serial unelected bureaucrats
              2. Giving power to unelected representatives (we should have learnt lessons from history on this)
              3. I believe in the Nation state and there can be no nation state without control of borders
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Doesn't seem very professional making these comments ahead of the judgement.

I think debate is a good idea, i think parliament should vote for pressing A50; but spending 2 years doing so before pressing the button is not acceptable. It does the EU or the UK no good to unduly delay A50.

Comment

Says the guy supporting a system of Royal privilege where unelected house of lords pass laws headed by a unelected PM westminster
                  That's irrelevant. You asked a question about why we want to leave the EU. Not what I think about UK government.

Comment

That's irrelevant. You asked a question about why we want to leave the EU. Not what I think about UK government.
                    I do not know why I even bothered to reply to the unemployed half wit
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                      I will indulge you on this one

The Jaguar landrover factory has been on the cards for over 4 years. It was a choice between Romania and Czech so it is irrelevant to Brexit.
                      Jaguar has huge investments in the Midlands anyway and it makes sense to spread their manufacturing.

as for voting Brexit;

1. Competence of the EU why does our relationship with the rest of the EU have to be defined by these serial unelected bureaucrats
                      2. Giving power to unelected representatives (we should have learnt lessons from history on this)
                      3. I believe in the Nation state and there can be no nation state without control of borders
                      Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                      I do not know why I even bothered to reply to the unemployed half wit
                      I think point number 1 above shows who the half wit is...
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X