• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit rebellion building in Parliament

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    The problem is that for the rest of the EU free movement of people is just free movement of labour as we are the only people stupid enough to not set rules saying that you have to contributor to the benefits system before receiving payments from it.
    A point made by Manfred the German down my local a few years ago. Not sure what he thinks now because he got barred for likening the landlords Mrs to Miss Piggy and then started shouting the odds about Nazis and free speach, but anyway..

What confused me at the time, and still does now, is that if that is indeed the case, why the feck hasn't anybody thought to do it? There'd be millions of votes in it, and it'd save a bunch of cash not paying child benefit to kids in Romania etc?

Leave a comment:

• GB9
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    You're obviously still angry and spiteful. For the sake of everyone here please just move on to stage 3. Preferably stage 4.

PS: If you can find one post where I've suggested the vote should not count I'll eat my smelly socks.
    I'm not on the losing side so I'm not angry. You clearly are.

You have continually pointed our that it wasn't a majority of the electorate etc. etc. Ad lib to fade. It was a vote. It counts.

I have stated time and again that Scotland should be given a chance to go it's own way as it clearly voted differently to England and Wales. I thought you might agree with this!

The clear difference is that I would not want to impose on Scotland something they clearly didn't vote for. You need to accept that England and Wales do want it.

Leave a comment:

• GB9
    replied
    What the hell did everyone expect?

We said all along we would continue to trade. Only the petty Remain campaign claimed we would become insular and pull up the draw bridge. Strangely that isn't going to happen.

Trade isn't going to cease, despite the doom mongers claims. We pointed out the Germans would still want to trade with us and guess what? They do!

The main thing we will regain is sovereignty and self determination.

The only thing he has said that I disagree with is a second referendum for Scotland. Sturgeon clearly has the appetite and they voted to stay in the EU so should be given a chance to do so.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    The problem is actually very simple.

The EU requires free movement of people

We want free movement of labour.

The problem is that for the rest of the EU free movement of people is just free movement of labour as we are the only people stupid enough to not set rules saying that you have to contributor to the benefits system before receiving payments from it.

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    PS: If you can find one post where I've suggested the vote should not count I'll eat my smelly socks.
    If the vote is a valid one, then I will smell MF's socks.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by GB9 View Post
    I think my response was very articulate. You have said nothing. .
    You're obviously still angry and spiteful. For the sake of everyone here please just move on to stage 3. Preferably stage 4.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    His language is astounding. Did he get a visit from Mi5 over the weekend on queenies orders?

Leave a comment:

• GB9
    replied
    The only person that is offended by your hate is yourself as others will not accept it. Not to mention your inability to articulate a response.

Your leaders have abdicated and are not to be found. Progressive talk is only coming from Nicola Sturgeon.
    I think my response was very articulate. You have said nothing.

Whilst my post addressed the fact that England and Wales voted to leave I also recognised that Scotland voted to stay and should therefore be given an opportunity to do so.

On the other hand, you continue to try and impose the will of the minority on the majority. You have said nothing productive whatsoever.

I also see you are claiming to be 'progressive'. Yet another self-granted description that I assume in your eyes is positive but which no one else understands.

Since the vote you have done nothing but present excuses as to why it shouldn't count. You have said nothing positive. Reflective of the entire Remain campaign.

And I repeat, I don't hate you or Scotland at all. You just don't have the significance you think you do. Have your second referendum and if you vote leave then do so with good grace. It's called democracy and I respect it even if you don't.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    It's always been clear this is where it's heading even Farage pointed to Norway as a model. Of course they'll try and add a points system, but it won't fly, the best they'll get is a rather useless fuzzy phrase that under certain circumstances they could temporarily suspend immigration from one country with unanimous agreement from rest of the EU and sell this as the return of sovereignty

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    There needs to be:

1 Recognition of the clear democratic mandate
    2 Weasel words about the intention to honour the mandate
    3 A real or fake crisis
    4 Maintenance of the status quo, badged as a new model of association with the EU.
    Or we could suck it up and try and build something new and amazing.

It's pretty dismal when they interview one of the poor polish sods that are desperate to stay and the job they have is in an FSCKIng newsagent

Seriously we need to be doing something very different and using the talents we are attracting properly. We have plenty of English people that can stand in a shop.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X