• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Share Investment, Discussion & Tips

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Tax Year, New Isas.

Recommendations for 18/19?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Cash is King

Comment

Quiet in here!

Connect Group have slumped recently and now trading at 55-57p a share. They have already declared a 3.1p interim dividend, which goes ex- on Thursday (June 6). That's a 5% yield just from the interim. The final goes ex-dividend in November and in previous years was approx 2x the interim. If that continues this year (big If) the overall yield would be circa 16%.

I think one of two things will happen; the dividend will be cut or the share price will rise. Or a combination, but even a 50% cut leaves a tasty yield. I've topped up majorly.

Discussion here.
        My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Ford up 13% since March, now waded into AT&T, they're down almost 30% from their peak over a year ago and 5G is hotting up, over 5% dividend yield and if they win their case for the Time Warner merger will shoot up.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

AT&T now up over 1%

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
              Connect Group have slumped recently and now trading at 55-57p a share. They have already declared a 3.1p interim dividend, which goes ex- on Thursday (June 6). That's a 5% yield just from the interim. The final goes ex-dividend in November and in previous years was approx 2x the interim. If that continues this year (big If) the overall yield would be circa 16%.

I think one of two things will happen; the dividend will be cut or the share price will rise. Or a combination, but even a 50% cut leaves a tasty yield. I've topped up majorly.
              Well, there goes my reputation as a stock picker. You could have picked these up for 17p this morning, following a tulip trading update. Now recovered to 30p ish. Chief exec out, final div to be at least reduced, maybe cut to zero. Now a recovery play.

This is why we diversify.

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
                Well, there goes my reputation as a stock picker. You could have picked these up for 17p this morning, following a tulip trading update. Now recovered to 30p ish. Chief exec out, final div to be at least reduced, maybe cut to zero. Now a recovery play.

This is why we diversify.
                Hehe, I bought some Northern Rock shares after they first plummeted. Within a couple of weeks I could have sold and doubled my money. However, I knew only an idiot would sell at that stage, I'd continue to hold until they went back to their pre crash rate. That wasn't my best move.

Comment

That does not fill me with confidence. Hopefully, if they slash the dividend, they can redirect the money saved into reducing debt and the pension fund deficit and turning the business around, and the SP will recover, even if it takes a year or so. The drop looks overdone to me, one to tuck away and forget...

Comment

Trade war providing some good opportunities, China Mobile paying almost 9% dividend. Just waded in.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Glencore best buy of the year
                      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X