• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Share Investment, Discussion & Tips

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by InsertWittyNameHere555 View Post
    Vanguard have announced they will start selling funds directly in the UK for the first time, cutting out middlemen like HL.
    Unless my ears deceived me on R4 yesterday they hinted a SIPP offering would be along within a year
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      Yep, waiting for that before I put more pension in.
      The snag, is that a lot of people have been waiting since about 2011/12 and are still waiting. I now have about 40% in cash and waiting too. At least I won't be fully wrong or fully right whatever happens.
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

I've been confidently waiting for the housing crash for years now

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
          The snag, is that a lot of people have been waiting since about 2011/12 and are still waiting. I now have about 40% in cash and waiting too. At least I won't be fully wrong or fully right whatever happens.
          I guess it depends what time scales you are talking about for investing, short term (I consider anything below 18 months short term) you waiting for the perfect moment is key, long term (I am still 20 years from retiring) waiting for this bubble to pop won't do much, just slow and steady topping up on solid high yielders.
          Contracting is like plumbing. You're your own boss until you walk into someone's house and they tell you to take your shoes off.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
            Hmmm, I might have to bail out of my EZJ soon. They're roughly back to what I paid pre-referendum, and I think they're at least fairly valued now. I totally bottled it with BARC and sold those at a hefty loss last year (would've been a hefty gain if I hadn't bottled it) Pension is looking a bit cleverer, but that's mainly in funds. Contract income in Dollars is looking a lot better, although we're well off the trough in Cable.

I buy shares when they crash, bought a lot of EZJ when they reached 990 but the reason I bought was because I felt they might get a takeover offer.
            Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
              I buy shares when they crash, bought a lot of EZJ when they reached 990 but the reason I bought was because I felt they might get a takeover offer.
              Very tidy profit

I sold mine today. I just feel the downside is bigger than the upside now. I was down about 10k at one point, but roughly broke even, which is not particularly clever in the current market , but I bought them as a hedge.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed View Post
                I've been confidently waiting for the housing crash for years now
                You are not the only one out there either.

Comment

Originally posted by InsertWittyNameHere555 View Post
                  I guess it depends what time scales you are talking about for investing, short term (I consider anything below 18 months short term) you waiting for the perfect moment is key, long term (I am still 20 years from retiring) waiting for this bubble to pop won't do much, just slow and steady topping up on solid high yielders.
                  Yes, and not go too far wrong with that plan IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                    Very tidy profit

I sold mine today. I just feel the downside is bigger than the upside now. I was down about 10k at one point, but roughly broke even, which is not particularly clever in the current market , but I bought them as a hedge.

I am putting a lot of cash into Metro bank at the moment. I expect a take over soon.
                    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
                      You are not the only one out there either.
                      I am still waiting, much easier now that I own my place!

Comment

Working...
                      X