• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Share Investment, Discussion & Tips

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Shale oil, it changes everything.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Shale oil, it changes everything.
        Fracking. It's a game changer.

Pumping some water through your rancid underpants with a hosepipe can now make AndyW's mum a rich woman!!
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Oil was very cheap mid nineties - I seem to recall it dipped to $8 a barrel!

Oil is low because demand is low.

Gold is high because people are tulip scared.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
            Oil was very cheap mid nineties - I seem to recall it dipped to $8 a barrel!

Oil is low because demand is low.
            Oil was around 10-15 for long time, it's a very good price.

Demand is high, but supply got increased, thanks to fracking in USA.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Oil was around 10-15 for long time, it's a very good price.

Demand is high, but supply got increased, thanks to fracking in USA.
              Nah mate, oil was low in the 1990's due to tech innovation and over capacity.

Oil is cheap now today partly due to supply but mainly due to demand.

Everyone wants you to think it is supply, but it's demand baby peak oil, peak debt, peak shares, peak derivatives, peak China, peak bull tulip

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                Nah mate, oil was low in the 1990's due to tech innovation and over capacity.
                There is overcapacity now - oil gone from $15 to $120, so lots of investment was thrown into problem, with better analysis fracking is very efficient now, they can drill well in 4-6 weeks now - unlike years of investment into offshore rigs, so now oil is unlikely to be above 45-50 bucks because shale would add a lot of capacity very quickly, traders know it so that on it's own got potential to keep price low.

I say it should go below 20 bucks.

Comment

Gold is on fire.
                  How high will it go this time
                  any guesses?

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                    Gold is on fire.
                    How high will it go this time
                    any guesses?
                    $2000 an ounce

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                      My biggest headache is PLUS500 at the moment, took a dive earlier in the year due to regulator problems, topped up then and was subject to a failed take over bid, the bid collapsed and the price recovered in the last week to where I broke even, down 12% today

Should have taken the break even and walked away!
                      This is why I try to always focus on longer term, shares are now back above break even and a dividend yield of 12% this year has just been confirmed for me
                      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X