• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Share Investment, Discussion & Tips

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My biggest headache is PLUS500 at the moment, took a dive earlier in the year due to regulator problems, topped up then and was subject to a failed take over bid, the bid collapsed and the price recovered in the last week to where I broke even, down 12% today

Should have taken the break even and walked away!
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

The answer is always a portfolio, my Glencore position looks pretty sick but the rest of the stuff I bought is way up, unfortuntately Shell is now pulling me down

Dow Chem is my best position over 2 grand up.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        The answer is always a portfolio, my Glencore position looks pretty sick but the rest of the stuff I bought is way up, unfortuntately Shell is now pulling me down

Dow Chem is my best position over 2 grand up.
        I'm spread over 27 holdings, most only hit about 2-3% of the total value, expectations are Lloyds which is about 12%, and a few of the big dividend payers (GSK, BATS, AV) at about 5-7.5% of total value.

Best has been First Property which is showing a 99.45% profit, just waiting for the magic 100% :
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Had a little top up before lunch. Average @87p, so will have to wait to see what happens.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

My GLEN sale not looking quite so misguided now. Trickled this month's SIPP contribution into BP.
            My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              Ouch. Glencore dropping like a stone, topped up yesterday.
              Just think about great deal you'll get when you get to average of 1p per share.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Had a little top up before lunch. Average @87p, so will have to wait to see what happens.
                Originally posted by AtW View Post
                Just think about great deal you'll get when you get to average of 1p per share.
                And then it shot to 94.5. Which was nice.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Glencore looking good, solid support around the 80-90p level Anglo-American is now the "sick man of the miners".

Anglo Overtakes Glencore as Worst Performing FTSE-100 Stock - Bloomberg Business
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Loving the people shouting out their single shares making a few quid - Come on people, this will be blind luck/bad luck akin to a monkey with a dart.
                    You will almost certainly be better chucking a value averaged monthly contribution at an index, by all means run a few shares 'for fun', I do. But I also cross check this against an index purchase on the same day to see if I have done better than just doing that (Very slightly better overall, not in any way enough to cover time spent thinking about it, research etc but I enjoy it). Also even the best preformers can easily have 40%+ losers overall, anyone claiming every pick from 10 has been a winner is a joker.

Comment

Just short everything on AIM, that should do the trick.

Comment

Working...
                      X