• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OneUnited View Post
    This is a forum for s58 I am a little suspicious of somebody with your background who has suddenly appeared on this forum in the last few months so I hope you take my points on board.

I hope your bad news is nothing serious.

I have said all I have to say on this matter, so I will leave you alone (for now)
    A lot of non-s58ers post on here because, to be honest, you're all a lot more organised then the EBT-ers and you have a better handle on the retrospection angles after many years of awful experiences.

Rob's posts do add, rather than detract. He's not touting for business like some t1ts on other forums, and his posts are pretty considered - they seem pretty accurate as well.

Comment

I'm on holiday at the moment but when I get back I'll tidy up this thread and move the EBTers back to the HMRC Enquiries forum.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
        I'm on holiday at the moment but when I get back I'll tidy up this thread and move the EBTers back to the HMRC Enquiries forum.
        thx cojak

Comment

Originally posted by smalldog View Post
          thx cojak
          +1

Comment

Letter in Private-Eye (issue 1372) pointing out the act of "retrospective rewriting of the rules" with reference to tax avoidance, from one David Hunter.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by jbryce View Post
              A lot of non-s58ers post on here because, to be honest, you're all a lot more organised then the EBT-ers and you have a better handle on the retrospection angles after many years of awful experiences.

Rob's posts do add, rather than detract. He's not touting for business like some t1ts on other forums, and his posts are pretty considered - they seem pretty accurate as well.
              Well, unless they want to talk exclusively about Montpelier, S58 or NTRT issues they can stay in this thread:

http://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc-...r-schemes.html

because that's where I'm putting them all.

If you look at the first post you'll note how long the NTRTers have been fighting their cause, I will not allow posters who have been here a few days trash this thread. I have asked politely a number of times but no-one appears to be interested in reading anything they themselves haven't written.

So I'll start infracting and then banning anyone who takes no notice of this polite request.

HTH.
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                Well, unless they want to talk exclusively about Montpelier, S58 or NTRT issues they can stay in this thread:

http://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc-...r-schemes.html

because that's where I'm putting them all.

If you look at the first post you'll note how long the NTRTers have been fighting their cause, I will not allow posters who have been here a few days trash this thread. I have asked politely a number of times but no-one appears to be interested in reading anything they themselves haven't written.

So I'll start infracting and then banning anyone who takes no notice of this polite request.

HTH.
                >If you look at the first post you'll note how long the NTRTers have been fighting their cause,
                I sense that we may all be fighting for a long time, but somehow I doubt us EBT-ers quite have the b@lls, orginisation etc. of this lot.

Warning heeded though....I'll bugger of to pastures 'not-so' new.

Comment

Originally posted by jbryce View Post
                  >If you look at the first post you'll note how long the NTRTers have been fighting their cause,
                  I sense that we may all be fighting for a long time, but somehow I doubt us EBT-ers quite have the b@lls, orginisation etc. of this lot.

Warning heeded though....I'll bugger of to pastures 'not-so' new.
                  Sorry about that. But its been 6+ years now. I hate us appearing unfriendly - but we have to look after ourselves. We just can't get distracted.

The very best of luck to you all.

Many thanks cojak.

Comment

Even retrospective taxes are a tricky thing to apply to the deceased. But now Hector has found a way to avoid dead people benefitting unfairly and making them pay up front as APNs go into overdrive.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...e-9660450.html

Remind me again how Cameron's father made the family fortune through offshore tax avoidance, leaving everything through a series of trusts and just below the threshold gifts to his adoring family.

Comment

Originally posted by OnYourBikeGB View Post
                      Even retrospective taxes are a tricky thing to apply to the deceased. But now Hector has found a way to avoid dead people benefitting unfairly and making them pay up front as APNs go into overdrive.

Inheritance tax: 'Pay up before you die' plan to combat avoidance - UK Politics - UK - The Independent

Remind me again how Cameron's father made the family fortune through offshore tax avoidance, leaving everything through a series of trusts and just below the threshold gifts to his adoring family.
                      "A spokesman for HMRC told The Daily Telegraph that only “very small numbers” of wealthy individuals would be affected and the power would be used only when “deliberate” actions had been taken to avoid tax."

...that must have come straight out of HMRC's stock "Replies and justifications handbook".
                      'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                      Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Working...
                      X