• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The troll

The troll...

(hello to him by the way, for he is surely a CUK poster )

It's so easy to ignore the troll and let him die in oblivion. Go to the options for that user and block him.

When you reply to somebody, make sure his @username isn't in the reply.

Cut off the oxygen that feeds him. Without any followers or replies to his messages, he will soon die a lonely death.

He will still be able to tweet MPs, but without any followers or retweets, nobody is going to listen to him. If an MP replies to him, don't reply to that tweet, just start a new one without him.

Fortunately, the rules of engagement on Twitter are different to the CUK forum
    Last edited by SantaClaus; 19 June 2014, 06:35.
    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      I am aware the monpelier have contributed nothing to the ntrt fighting fund.

I am starting to feel let down by them. I the past I did feel supported by them - but I feel now they could do more.

I do have some background information on this I am not prepared to share publicly - I will only share with those who attend.

I intend to organize a demonstration at the montpelier office in the IoM. It will be totally peaceful - the aim is to generate publicity and to shame montpelier into making a contribution.

Please PM me with your email if there is any interest.

BP
      Montpelier have helped NTRT in other ways.

I'd rather they spent their money on the legal battle. They are currently preparing the Huitson FTT defence.

They have been infinitely better than most other promoters, many of whom simply shut up shop at the first sign of trouble from HMRC.

Comment

18 months until APN's are issued, is this confirmed ?

Comment

This guy is a little crazy, but he explains perfectly why the regular media such as BBC, Channel 4 are completely biased, controlled by the govt. and will never be on our side.

He talks about a recent BBC interview with Ian Duncan Smith, where they shied away from asking any important questions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEwWURKmZgA

All I can say to those who want to appear on Tiger Aspect's entertainment show (for thats what it is, to entertain the public)... be very careful, your side of the story is unlikely to be aired fairly.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
            All I can say to those who want to appear on Tiger Aspect's entertainment show (for thats what it is, to entertain the public)... be very careful, your side of the story is unlikely to be aired fairly.
            I dont want to appear - I don't have any choice. Ive been through it all for f4j and it was horrid. I really dont want to go back there. The head of f4j, a thug with some marketing nouse, described me as the most evil c**t he had ever met. When in a corner in go down fighting.

HMRC are giving me no choice.

Comment

I dont want to appear - I don't have any choice. Ive been through it all for f4j and it was horrid. I really dont want to go back there. The head of f4j, a thug with some marketing nouse, described me as the most evil c**t he had ever met. When in a corner in go down fighting.

HMRC are giving me no choice.
              Well I've met you and I don't agree with any of that

Brillo, I know I won't be able to stop you. Just thought you should be aware.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
                Montpelier have helped NTRT in other ways.

I'd rather they spent their money on the legal battle. They are currently preparing the Huitson FTT defence.

They have been infinitely better than most other promoters, many of whom simply shut up shop at the first sign of trouble from HMRC.
                I couldn't agree more!

Comment

I am aware the monpelier have contributed nothing to the ntrt fighting fund.

I am starting to feel let down by them. I the past I did feel supported by them - but I feel now they could do more.

I do have some background information on this I am not prepared to share publicly - I will only share with those who attend.

I intend to organize a demonstration at the montpelier office in the IoM. It will be totally peaceful - the aim is to generate publicity and to shame montpelier into making a contribution.

Please PM me with your email if there is any interest.

BP
                  NTRT ant Montpelier are fighting this from different angles.

Yes Montpelier could be more communicative but I do wonder if being that way would give the "enemy" a chance to prepare a defence.

I'm happy with their support thus far. Fact are they are financing the Huitson legal case and the ECHR which cannot be cheap.

I don't think it's wise to pi55 them off.

Comment

Well I've met you and I don't agree with any of that

Brillo, I know I won't be able to stop you. Just thought you should be aware.
                    I take on board everone's advice. In this case, the advice makes no difference as my hand is forced.

Looks like I won't need to go to IOM to meet WG - hes in London quite soon.

Comment

If anyone wants to strike up a conversation on Twitter with other MPs who were in the Finance Bill discussion, here is the text in full, with everything that was said:

House of Commons Public Bill Committee : Finance Bill (17 June 2014)

House of Commons Public Bill Committee : Finance Bill (17 June 2014)

The other MPs, besides Swales and Elphick have been let off the hook far too easily. Thee were also some supportive MPs if I remember rightly.
                      Should we tweet all members or is it more productive to target a few each?? I was going to tweet all members yesterday but thought I would defer until I had feedback from someone more social media Savvy.

Comment

Working...
                      X