• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cater Allen online banking... wtf?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cater Allen online banking... wtf?

What the hell have Cater Allen done to their onling banking service?

Been using it quite happily for years, logged on the morning to pay some bills and find they have changed the way it works...

Looks the same with a casual glance but whereas before all the payment creation and execution functionality was tied to an account you now have to select a payments option from the left hand menu bar, then select the account and pament type - it does not sound particularly different but actually a lot more key clicks are involved and it's certainly not intuitive anymore..

And the transaction summary screen is gone now, replaced with just a list of pending payments

I always found it useful to print the screen for our records.

Winkers...
    Do what thou wilt

You need a copy of this..

Amazon.co.uk: who moved my cheese': Books

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
      What the hell have Cater Allen done to their onling banking service?

Been using it quite happily for years, logged on the morning to pay some bills and find they have changed the way it works...

Looks the same with a casual glance but whereas before all the payment creation and execution functionality was tied to an account you now have to select a payments option from the left hand menu bar, then select the account and pament type - it does not sound particularly different but actually a lot more key clicks are involved and it's certainly not intuitive anymore..

And the transaction summary screen is gone now, replaced with just a list of pending payments

I always found it useful to print the screen for our records.

Winkers...
      Wot you said !! The new payment system is bloody awful. Everything is harder to find and takes more clicks and pages to do previously simple tasks.

Designed by someone who doesnt use it obviously. Reminds me of one of those EBay upgrades where they say 'We're making things better' and the it gets FUBAR'd

When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Could it be in preparation for the turning off of BACS at the end of the year?
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

At least you can add payees now which you couldn't before, unless I was missing something. That was a pretty big feature to miss.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            No, you really don't. It's crap.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
              Could it be in preparation for the turning off of BACS at the end of the year?
              But why should that make any difference to the UI? BACS/FPS etc is just the underlying mechanism. The end user should see no difference (other than faster clearing)

This is just shoddy UI design...
              Do what thou wilt

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                No, you really don't. It's crap.
                You do!! This book made me the man I am. Read it and you too can be more like me!!!!
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                  At least you can add payees now which you couldn't before, unless I was missing something. That was a pretty big feature to miss.
                  When you created a payment previously, the payee was always saved anyway. Now, to make a payment, you have to go to the payee list and either select or create a payee, then select to 'pay that payee', then go through the rest of the gubbins with which account to pay from etc.
                  When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

I actually prefer the new set-up...

Previously the payments summary screen was all over the shop, payments weren't listed in chronological order so in order to find a payment you had to scroll through countless screens to get there. Replicating a payment was a pain, particularly if there was a change of account details but the Payee remained the same (e.g. HMRC).

Also on the old system once you created a payment it didn't immediately go into 'pending' status - it was at least hours, if not an overnight update. Therefore amending a pending payment was usually a call to customer services.

I'd agree the navigation is still far from intuitive, but it does appear to be an improvement as far as functionality goes..
                    Proud owner of +5 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Working...
                    X