• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

**termination with no notice - breach of contract**court case *help needed*

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Remind me how much you're claiming for again? Is it just pay for notice period?
    was - now its notice, remainder of contract, & costs

Comment

The amount of money is not really the issue

If some contractors can just walk away from a month's £'s in these tough times they must be coining it in!

..or really do have more money than sense

Comment

Originally posted by KittyCat View Post
        The amount of money is not really the issue

If some contractors can just walk away from a month's £'s in these tough times they must be coining it in!

..or really do have more money than sense
        Or have a work life balance that means the don't want or have to go though so much time and effort on something like this and isntead, write it off get a contract a week later and move on happy.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Or have a work life balance that means the don't want or have to go though so much time and effort on something like this and isntead, write it off get a contract a week later and move on happy.
          Really dont know why anyone thinks its a lot of time/effort - it is'nt

I've moved on happy to new contract

Personally, for me, I know I would always regret it if I did not stand up for my company's reputation & services ... its my duty as director

Comment

**** me I would just move on is it really worth the hassle, you current client must love the fact that you mind is on this and not them.
            Last edited by Bumfluff; 2 December 2011, 14:31.

Comment

Really dont know why anyone thinks its a lot of time/effort - it is'nt

I've moved on happy to new contract

Personally, for me, I know I would always regret it if I did not stand up for my company's reputation & services ... its my duty as director
              It is your duty as a director to do the best thing for your company and it's shareholders. Spending a lot of time and money chasing principles is not always the best for the company.

This is your personal issue, don't try and make out it is your duty.

I was quite interested in this at first but you just sound deluded and arrogant now.

Comment

You've had your say, enough of the bickering now NLUK.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                  You've had your say, enough of the bickering now NLUK.
                  WTF!. I am not bickering. I pointing out a mistake in what KC said.

Reading back I don't appear to be the only one either. Heaven forbid I should accuse the OP of being a sockie!

Comment

This thread is 27, yes 27 pages long.

Without the bickering it would be 7, tops!

Give it a rest guys, for gawd sake...
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

<summary>
                      Thankyou for that.

10. Requested basis of 'discussion' of agency/client with regard to clause.

11. Response from agency that said response from client 'I was responsible for the F***ked up project.
                      On a whole different issue, if you lost income due to this mis-truth then would you be legitimately able to sue for libel/slander, etc? Anyone know?
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X