• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My Director's Loan Account owes me money?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Director's Loan Account owes me money?

My annual CT paperwork / accountant tells me that the company personally owes me about a grand which I am entitled to take tax-free from the Director's Loan account.

I'm a bit confused how that comes about... I've never used this facility and the only money I ever put into my company was £50 for the initial shares being set up at formation time.

Anyone?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

No salary due, dividends declared, valid expenses paid for by you?
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Have you asked your accountant?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Probably the accountant being lazy and sticking anything that doesn't add up into the Directors' Loan account. Maybe salary underpayment but it could be anything. Ask them how it arose, get it put in the right place, and if you prefer, make the appropriate transaction and book it to the previous year to cancel it out.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Have you asked your accountant?
          That was the answer I got when I asked what the number meant - "it's a credit on your Director Loan Account".
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            That was the answer I got when I asked what the number meant - "it's a credit on your Director Loan Account".
            Go back and ask them for a breakdown of it. It's them that's posted to the account.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              My annual CT paperwork / accountant tells me that the company personally owes me about a grand which I am entitled to take tax-free from the Director's Loan account.

I'm a bit confused how that comes about... I've never used this facility and the only money I ever put into my company was £50 for the initial shares being set up at formation time.

Anyone?
              Rather poor, the accountant should have given you a breakdown of the directors loan account before sending you the annual CT paperwork.

Comment

Working...
              X