• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "My Director's Loan Account owes me money?"

Collapse

• Robot
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    My annual CT paperwork / accountant tells me that the company personally owes me about a grand which I am entitled to take tax-free from the Director's Loan account.

I'm a bit confused how that comes about... I've never used this facility and the only money I ever put into my company was £50 for the initial shares being set up at formation time.

Anyone?
    Rather poor, the accountant should have given you a breakdown of the directors loan account before sending you the annual CT paperwork.

Leave a comment:

• SallyPlanIT
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    That was the answer I got when I asked what the number meant - "it's a credit on your Director Loan Account".
    Go back and ask them for a breakdown of it. It's them that's posted to the account.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Have you asked your accountant?
    That was the answer I got when I asked what the number meant - "it's a credit on your Director Loan Account".

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Probably the accountant being lazy and sticking anything that doesn't add up into the Directors' Loan account. Maybe salary underpayment but it could be anything. Ask them how it arose, get it put in the right place, and if you prefer, make the appropriate transaction and book it to the previous year to cancel it out.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Have you asked your accountant?

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    No salary due, dividends declared, valid expenses paid for by you?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    started a topic My Director's Loan Account owes me money?

My Director's Loan Account owes me money?

My annual CT paperwork / accountant tells me that the company personally owes me about a grand which I am entitled to take tax-free from the Director's Loan account.

I'm a bit confused how that comes about... I've never used this facility and the only money I ever put into my company was £50 for the initial shares being set up at formation time.

Anyone?

Working...
X