• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How much is your accountant?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much is your accountant?

Hi all,

I'm currently with Nixon Williams and just found out their price is increasing to £75+VAT per month (= £88.13 with 17.5% VAT).

How much do you pay your accountant and who are they? Would you recommend them?

Try doing a search. This is done almost weekly. Infact there is a thread already running on this very topic.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by munson View Post
      Hi all,

I'm currently with Nixon Williams and just found out their price is increasing to £75+VAT per month (= £88.13 with 17.5% VAT).

The same.
      InTouch
      Yes

Comment

Lol

Originally posted by munson View Post
        Hi all,

Haven't they always been £75? Alan, looks like your competition are trying to sabotage you!!!

Nice try, but I doubt anyone is falling for it!!

Comment

That is probably about average but not everything is about price

Comment

Originally posted by Newby View Post
            Haven't they always been £75? Alan, looks like your competition are trying to sabotage you!!!

No, this is genuine, I'm very happy with Nixon Williams, just shopping around to see what else is on offer. According to the letter they sent to their long-term customers, their published prices have been at £75+VAT for some time, however for their long-term customers they have delayed the price rise until now, last month I was paying £60+VAT=£70.50.

Comment

Originally posted by SackmanandCo View Post
              That is probably about average but not everything is about price
              Same here.While NW service has been good so far, an increase of 16£/Month for no difference in service can't be justified.

Would your end client/agency give you an increase in rate for the same sort of work/service you provide just because you asked for it and they have been using your services for years?

Comment

Originally posted by Newby View Post

Yeah I think that's the "premier" service.

If they are putting them up (I've not seen/heard anything from them yet) it might be the kick up the backside I need to go it alone.

Comment

I guess it depends on what you want from your accountant that determines whether you move or stay. There's a load of us out there and everyone tends to offer slightly different things as I'm sure you know. Mainly do you want much input from your accountant from day-to-day or do you just want to get on with life and then sign things when you need them (and thus treat your accountant as a necessary evil)?

If it is the former, a good website search will help in the first instance to get a flavour of what you'll get, a check of credentials to back the claims up will also help. Plus ask around your family and friends and see what they have to say - you can get away from the selling aspect of things then.

Finally if it's the latter and you just can't be bothered to do this plus your current guys are OK then just stay put as £75 is OK if you're just going on price alone. (I'm not affiliated to them by the way - check if you need to!)

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
                    Yeah I think that's the "premier" service.

If they are putting them up (I've not seen/heard anything from them yet) it might be the kick up the backside I need to go it alone.
                    Same here.Thinking of going it alone.It can't be that bad i suppose

Comment

Working...
                    X