• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How much is your accountant?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It all depends what you want for your money, the short back and sides or bespoke tax advice.

We would be considered expensive on here but I doubt if you added your tax liability to your accountancy fees many would beat us. Which is backed up by the fact that from memory I can only think of 2 clients that have left us over fees.

One came back a couple of years later and the other called me on Tuesday to query some advice his new accountant has given him. I saved him £24K tax by suggesting an alternative way of doing what he wanted to do and he has consequently asked me to requote for his business.

PUMA

Comment

Back on track

So, trying to get this back to the original question:

How much do you pay your accountant and who are they? Would you recommend them?

Comment

the range is about £70- £120 pcm depending on various factors. for recommendations speak with other contractors who have accountants or check out their credibility by looking at their website. If they have lots of testimonials from real people, this gives them extra credibility.

Comment

Originally posted by munson View Post
          Hi all,

I'm currently with Nixon Williams and just found out their price is increasing to £75+VAT per month (= £88.13 with 17.5% VAT).

Got my letter today, so the monthly fee in increasing from £60 to £75 / month.

A 25% increase then, not happy about that.

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
            Got my letter today, so the monthly fee in increasing from £60 to £75 / month.

A 25% increase then, not happy about that.
            Will become slightly more come 4th Jan 2011 !

Comment

Originally posted by munson View Post
              So, trying to get this back to the original question:

Hey I feel bad for my original cynicism, i am paying the same as you were, and I am very happy.

pm me if you want more details

Comment

what ever you do dont use Brooksons!
                (in fact most accountants are cheaper than Brooksons!)

Comment

I was notified about the NW increase towards the end of May.
                  Just wondering if they were putting up the prices for the long term clients exactly 6 months into each individiuals financial year. As this would make it more expensive for people to consider leaving.

Comment

Working...
                  X