• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Clearsky accounting (formerly Quay) - price hike

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

d000hg, that can be an issue with pay monthly deals. Thing is, even if you leave right at the turn of the year (hence not paying for anything twice) it's not ideal either. You can bet your bum the old accountant won't rush to finalise your accounts when they realise you're leaving, even though you'll have paid them for the whole 12 months.

Not all firms will backdate charges to the beginning of the year. We only have an "upfront fee" if you're needing accounts done straight away. We mainly do this to protect us from cheeky buggers paying for 1 month, getting loads of work done then disappearing. If yours yours are ~8 months away that's fine.

Only proviso we'd have is you using the FreeAgent bookkeeping software (included in the fee, but RRP £25+VAT/month on its own) and putting your sales/bank transactions in backdated to the beginning of the year. Once they've got the hang of it most people actually enjoy doing it, honest!

Comment

ooooooooook......so who's found a fairly low priced accountants that will take a new client on without fees? - we can cross Nixon Williams off the list, any others to be discounted?

The only thing I need them to do this year is P11D (expect can probably do that myself since there are no benefits to declare)

After that it's corp tax at the end of Jan so 8 months before my new accountant will need to do much.

Comment

Originally posted by Olly View Post
        ooooooooook......so who's found a fairly low priced accountants that will take a new client on without fees? - we can cross Nixon Williams off the list, any others to be discounted?
        I've been talking to Primus and InTouch, both have been recommended here I think - search through the thread to check. Both have offered me to switch mid-year for no additional charge, InTouch are also offering 2 free months if you switch before the end of May and Primus offered me a month free as another member on this board referred me.
        Intouch: £75, Primus: £60. Both sound pretty similar and both were friendly when I emailed them.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Well I won't be switching to NW. They'll charge me full-rate for every month that's already passed since my company year began. £300 as a joining fee is hardly a great incentive.
          I think you will possibly find that all contractor accountants charge this way, we do. The fees are annual fees split into monthly payments. Regardless of whether you have traded for 2 months or 12 months, our year end accounting process remains exactly the same.

Comment

Yes, from a bean-counting perspective it makes sense to back-date to the start of the year. But from the perspective of attracting new customers, not so much. Both the companies I mention offered me a free mid-year switch... one even makes a point of this on their home-page.

Comment

Yes, from a bean-counting perspective it makes sense to back-date to the start of the year. But from the perspective of attracting new customers, not so much. Both the companies I mention offered me a free mid-year switch... one even makes a point of this on their home-page.
              I tend to negotiate with clients, especially where they have paid another accountant. However, we can't broadly advertise this as there will always be the one client that has ten times as much work as usual. I think it needs discretion; however, if we do a good job then we get to keep the clients ...
              Payback

Comment

InTouch no fees

Originally posted by Olly View Post

The only thing I need them to do this year is P11D (expect can probably do that myself since there are no benefits to declare)

After that it's corp tax at the end of Jan so 8 months before my new accountant will need to do much.
                I was delighted to move away and very surprised at how much a new company would do to welcome me, InTouch feels good right now

Comment

So does this mean you have found a new accountant? If yes Congratulations.

Comment

I guess I should feel honoured. You have a posting rate of 2 per year, but I've got 3 responses from you in as many days!

Comment

Danbro Accounting Ltd - Can we help?

Post removed - Blatant advertising.

There are an awful lot of other 'newbie' posters touting for business as well - please respect the rules. Thank you, CUK.
                      Last edited by Contractor UK; 25 May 2010, 07:42. Reason: As above - advertising.

Comment

Working...
                      X