• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Round 2 (Court of Appeal)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pissing in the Wind, springs to mind.

Apart from objecting to everything the opposition party put forward at the time do they really give a tulip? I doubt it very much.

Comment

No one in government takes responsibility for their actions. I've worked on Gov contracts for years and have rarely come across anyone that will give you written evidence to a decision. Try to get them to sign off a design or requirements. Almost impossible. If something goes tits up they can't be blamed. They make careers out of it.

You usually have to keep a paper trail to cover your ass.
      Regards

Slobbo

"Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege."

Comment

Originally posted by Slobbo View Post
        No one in government takes responsibility for their actions. I've worked on Gov contracts for years and have rarely come across anyone that will give you written evidence to a decision. Try to get them to sign off a design or requirements. Almost impossible. If something goes tits up they can't be blamed. They make careers out of it.

You usually have to keep a paper trail to cover your ass.
        and then when they get audited by the public audit office they manage to pull out all these documents showing complete trails with document signoffs left right and centre. draw your own conclusions how they magicly appear!

Comment

I think we all knew it was a "big ask" to expect them to repeal at this stage. I always said this was a longshot but we had nothing to lose. [/Quote]

Would all the letters we are getting from our MPs stating how this law is unfair and how they disagree with it etc etc be useful for one of our court apperances? Just a thought!!!

Comment

Anyone write to Danny Alexander? ie anyone in his constituency?
            Regards

Slobbo

"Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege."

Comment

Originally posted by TAF4 View Post
              Lib.Dem Mark Oaten and I am still getting hardcopy spam from him promising commitment, energy and lots of other happy-clappy words.

This made us laugh. The only energetic activity Oaten engaged in while an MP was rodgering rent boys.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
                I will be pressing my MP to get a written response from a Minister.

At least Kennedy & Timms sent signed letters. This lot seem totally gutless.
                Reply received form Damian Green – same one everyone has been getting, second letter fired off….

Now we have a reply from a Minister

Comment

Originally posted by StellaFan View Post
                  Wrote to the chancellor but got a reply this morning which came from hmrc

So they are agreeing that the law was not right but say they can do nothing?
                  Did I miss a meeting, what have HMRC got to do with setting or repealing leglislation?
                  - SL -

Comment

Originally posted by silver_lining View Post
                    Did I miss a meeting, what have HMRC got to do with setting or repealing leglislation?
                    The letter came from HMRC's Ministerial Correspondence Unit if that helps.
                    Last edited by DonkeyRhubarb; 10 June 2010, 19:46.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
                      The letter came from HMRC's Ministerial Correspondence Unit if that helps.
                      Excellent, and George is giving us a say on what public services we think should be cut! Where do I vote?

Comment

Working...
                      X