• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Electronic CT600 PDF not printing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electronic CT600 PDF not printing

After downloading the CT600 pdf from HMRC website for the business and spending hours filling it in, it won't let us print it. There is a "View and Print" link with the comment:

Important note:
    HM Revenue & Customs recommends that you review this return in full before submission. Please follow the link below to view and print your data.

and yet it doesn't do anything - or am we being stupid (probably).

Has anyone else had problems with it ?

Yes, everyone has. It's a typical untested pile of crap from HMRC that has wasted endless hours. I wrote to my MP about this and other useless recent implementations from HMRC and Companies House.

http://www.accountingweb.co.uk/anyan...mrc-new-system

It is not clear if all on that thread are talking about the PDF CT600 but some are. See last item for someone with your problem - but no solution. All I can suggest is doing print screens.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 16 February 2010, 20:41.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

On the last page, just before you submit it tells you to read this document, to setup for printing:

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/ct/ct-online/...e-settings.pdf

So it can print, but its a shame there there were a load of points during the process that asked you to print at that point, to get the document checked and signed at that point, yet not until the end does it tell you how to do it.

but YEAY ... I got there in the end
      Last edited by FarmerPalmer; 7 March 2010, 14:36.

Comment

Wow, what a ball ache that is when you read the pdf!
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Printing from HMRC CT600 PDF

I know this thread is a year old but does anybody else still have a problem printing from the HMRC CT600 PDF? I can print the accounts and computations but not the actual CT600. (So I think I've got the PDF security changes correct).

If I can't actually print a copy of exactly what's been submitted, I'll just send in a paper version. (And yes I know I only have until April to do that.)

Thanks,

Hugh

Comment

HMRC seem useless providing PDFs. I've never been able to view PDFs for previous returns on their VAT website (it just gives a blank page!)

ZED.

Comment

I have hit into this problem for couple of years and I have figured out that it is to do with your security settings in internet explorer that causes this. Either fiddle with IE settings or open it in chrome where it works by default.

Comment

I had the same problem with IE.

Firefox worked OK.

Comment

I set the security settings as per the instructions and all seems ok for this year.

Comment

Originally posted by zedAccounts View Post
                    HMRC seem useless providing PDFs. I've never been able to view PDFs for previous returns on their VAT website (it just gives a blank page!)

ZED.
                    I used to have problem with viewing PDF. It is to do with IE settings so either you could HMRC online help desk and they will give you instructions how to change the settings in IE. As suggested earlier goodle chrome do not have problem so I recommend to use google chrome.

Comment

Working...
                    X