• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Electronic CT600 PDF not printing"

Collapse

• MAB000
    replied
    Problem solved

Originally posted by HughJass View Post
    I know this thread is a year old but does anybody else still have a problem printing from the HMRC CT600 PDF? I can print the accounts and computations but not the actual CT600. (So I think I've got the PDF security changes correct).

If I can't actually print a copy of exactly what's been submitted, I'll just send in a paper version. (And yes I know I only have until April to do that.)

Thanks,

Hugh
    I think I have the same problem every year. You click on "View and Print" and it creates a new pdf file with clickable links to the accounts and computations. When you click those links the relevant documents open up in a browser. BUT THE THE CT600 "LINK" IS NOT CLICKABLE".

Solution: You don't need a clickable link for the CT600 file because you are already in it. Simply page down and the CT600 will reveal itself in all its gaudy glory.

I hope this helps someone. If not, it will probably help me when I search for the solution to the same problem next year.

Regards
    Michael

Leave a comment:

• zedAccounts
    replied
    Just tried the VAT PDFs in Opera and they show fine. Thanks for the tip!

ZED.

Leave a comment:

• rmmc
    replied
    Originally posted by FarmerPalmer View Post
    Why are you using IE or Chrome to view a PDF?

The file is a PDF file that you download from their website and fill-in, save and print using Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Just to clarify that I responded to VAT return viewing problem. I do not use HMTC's ct filing software. I use commercial software. So my problem was related to vat returns.

Leave a comment:

• FarmerPalmer
    replied
    Originally posted by rmmc View Post
    I used to have problem with viewing PDF. It is to do with IE settings so either you could HMRC online help desk and they will give you instructions how to change the settings in IE. As suggested earlier goodle chrome do not have problem so I recommend to use google chrome.
    Why are you using IE or Chrome to view a PDF?

The file is a PDF file that you download from their website and fill-in, save and print using Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Leave a comment:

• rmmc
    replied
    Originally posted by zedAccounts View Post
    HMRC seem useless providing PDFs. I've never been able to view PDFs for previous returns on their VAT website (it just gives a blank page!)

ZED.
    I used to have problem with viewing PDF. It is to do with IE settings so either you could HMRC online help desk and they will give you instructions how to change the settings in IE. As suggested earlier goodle chrome do not have problem so I recommend to use google chrome.

Leave a comment:

• FarmerPalmer
    replied
    I set the security settings as per the instructions and all seems ok for this year.

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    I had the same problem with IE.

Firefox worked OK.

Leave a comment:

• tyut4669
    replied
    I have hit into this problem for couple of years and I have figured out that it is to do with your security settings in internet explorer that causes this. Either fiddle with IE settings or open it in chrome where it works by default.

Leave a comment:

• zedAccounts
    replied
    HMRC seem useless providing PDFs. I've never been able to view PDFs for previous returns on their VAT website (it just gives a blank page!)

ZED.

Leave a comment:

• HughJass
    replied
    Printing from HMRC CT600 PDF

I know this thread is a year old but does anybody else still have a problem printing from the HMRC CT600 PDF? I can print the accounts and computations but not the actual CT600. (So I think I've got the PDF security changes correct).

If I can't actually print a copy of exactly what's been submitted, I'll just send in a paper version. (And yes I know I only have until April to do that.)

Thanks,

Hugh

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Wow, what a ball ache that is when you read the pdf!

Leave a comment:

• FarmerPalmer
    replied
    On the last page, just before you submit it tells you to read this document, to setup for printing:

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/ct/ct-online/...e-settings.pdf

So it can print, but its a shame there there were a load of points during the process that asked you to print at that point, to get the document checked and signed at that point, yet not until the end does it tell you how to do it.

but YEAY ... I got there in the end
    Last edited by FarmerPalmer; 7 March 2010, 14:36.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Yes, everyone has. It's a typical untested pile of crap from HMRC that has wasted endless hours. I wrote to my MP about this and other useless recent implementations from HMRC and Companies House.

http://www.accountingweb.co.uk/anyan...mrc-new-system

It is not clear if all on that thread are talking about the PDF CT600 but some are. See last item for someone with your problem - but no solution. All I can suggest is doing print screens.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 16 February 2010, 20:41.

Leave a comment:

• FarmerPalmer
    started a topic Electronic CT600 PDF not printing

Electronic CT600 PDF not printing

After downloading the CT600 pdf from HMRC website for the business and spending hours filling it in, it won't let us print it. There is a "View and Print" link with the comment:

Important note:
    HM Revenue & Customs recommends that you review this return in full before submission. Please follow the link below to view and print your data.

and yet it doesn't do anything - or am we being stupid (probably).

Has anyone else had problems with it ?

Working...
X