• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Time to fight back!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by poppy01 View Post

General question - has anyone yet just gone to hmrc and said, 'sorry, I was a bad boy/girl ; how much do I owe?' - and got a reply.

i am thinking of doing this cos I'm sick of the whole thing and, when all's said and done, we were taking the p*ss weren't we
    I think HMRC won't provide the figure until they get the final trust accounts from MTM. Happy to be corrected on this.

If you ask MTM, they will calculate your potential liabilty. I have a request in to provide this data and was told i could expect a figure in about a weeks time. I am not sticking my head in the sand anymore, I want to know what the figure is, so I can start planning a course of action if the wheel falls off.

I am also seeking independent advice on the best way to manage the demand if it becomes clear (to me anyway) that I have to cough up.

Comment

Originally posted by poppy01 View Post
      Sorry about that, feeling petty low at the moment.
      Cant afford a CTD and to borrow would be pointless as I cant get anything better than the 8.5% hmrc will charge. I kinda want this to be over and done with, and have zero faith in Montpelier, judicial reviews or the ECHR, they are gunning for us and they'll get us..

That is what HMRC rely on - they are thugs! But they will not necessarily win.

I dont see how it can be over for you? If you can't afford the CTD then even if you agree an amount now - how would you pay it?

Comment

Poppy, I agree with Brill, they thrive off fear and people paying just to make them go away. If they didnt have a Crown on their crest I think you might feel differently. For instance, if ABC Loans decided you owe them such and such but their contract had a legal loophole in it, would you be willing to concede so fast? I suspect not, try to think of it in those terms....

Be strong

Comment

So this thread has reached the 500 mark in remarkably quick time.

Anyone care to summarize?

Comment

Mal: Yer doomed and you deserve it.
            NAT: Yer doomed and you don't deserve it.
            Poppy01: I'm fwightened.
            smalldog: grrrrrr
            BrilloPad: #we shall overcome#
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              NotAllThere - I'm not all there

Comment

Its in my nature to fight til the death! come get me Hector, I will find some interesting uses for your glasses and bowler hat

Comment

And the thread creator?

Comment

Oh yes. "This Rhubarb's not for crumbling".
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by smalldog View Post
                      Its in my nature to fight til the death! come get me Hector, I will find some interesting uses for your glasses and bowler hat
                      I very rarely wish it was a thousand years ago....However a battle to the death with the paymaster general in an arena with a claymore and shield....civilised PAH!, on very rare occassions I prefer barbarian please! Their way of settling things seemed so much more exciting at time, strongest survive, simple stuff

Comment

Working...
                      X