• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Unacceptable aggression on CUK

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Denny View Post
    I'm afaid I disagree. His profile on here is not just as one of the posters but also an ambassador of the PCG as well which he constantly promotes. So he should restrain his comments by using a civil tone. It's not too much to expect, when you consider the overzealous attitude that the PCG moderators have on their forums - which I dislike. So why behave on here in a way that would be deemed unacceptable on the PCG. That's just hypocritical. But there again, I find the PCG quite hypocritical about such matters, so perhaps that's why he gets away with it.

No one is saying that the quality of his advice is not there, it's the way he presents it that is at fault.

So don't confuse the two things.
    Why do you insist on trotting this out every time? As has been said a (large) number of times, whilst Mal encourages people to join the PCG, he has made it abundantly clear on so many occasions that the views expressed on CUK are NOT those of the PCG.

He is no more an ambassador than any other person recommending PCG membership, myself included. What you are suggesting is that whatever he does, anywhere, should be as a representative of the PCG. Get a grip.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I'm afaid I disagree. His profile on here is not just as one of the posters but also an ambassador of the PCG as well which he constantly promotes. So he should restrain his comments by using a civil tone. It's not too much to expect, when you consider the overzealous attitude that the PCG moderators have on their forums - which I dislike. So why behave on here in a way that would be deemed unacceptable on the PCG. That's just hypocritical. But there again, I find the PCG quite hypocritical about such matters, so perhaps that's why he gets away with it.
      Why have you always got to bring the PCG into it? It's like you are suffering from Stockholm Syndrome. You seem hate the PCG so much you can't stop talking about them and bringing them into every discussion that hints of them..... Yet you are still a member
      No one is saying that the quality of his advice is not there, it's the way he presents it that is at fault.

So don't confuse the two things.
      So which is it? Is he shooting down newbies and refusing to answer their questions, or is he giving them quality advice? You can't have it both ways (although I'm sure you are about to argue that you can)
      I've also requested that the thread be made a sticky on L/A so that people can access it to read if they so choose after removing all the banter. After that, we can get back to BAU.

It was never my intention to turn the Legal/Accounting site into a playground for banter which is strictly for light relief and General. So I hope they respect my request.
      Why dos this need to be made a sticky? how does it contribute to Legal/Accounting in any way? If anything this thread should be shifted to General and left to flounder away....

If people are pushing it too far they will be warned by the forum moderators. If they refuse to listen they will be banned. There is lots of evidence of this happening and the mods do a good job IMHO.

What does this thread achieve? Its a whine fest for the few who feel hard done by and one person trying to martyr herself to make herself feel better. (I await the accusations of sexist behaviour for daring to include the word "herself" in my response even though nobody knows if Denny is Male,Female or even a real person....).

Finally I fail to see how people are being "bullied" away from asking questions in this forum. Who cares if somebody writes something like RTFM in response to a forum post you make. It is totally anonymous, nobody knows who anybody is so it can't be a personal insult. The fact that hundreds of people register and ask the same questions again and again pretty much proves that it isn't stopping people from registering and asking the same thing again and again.

What is the point of this thread?

Comment

Originally posted by ferret View Post
        While this thread has been entertaining I think it is time we let it die.
        I think ferret is right.

Please stop resurrecting this thread
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

...So many thanks for pointing out the obvious. It is fortunate that you and I agree, albeit in different ways, that the forum is unnecessarily blighted ...
          disagree entirely the forum isn't blighted at all.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            I think ferret is right.

Please stop resurrecting this thread
            Sorry, was catching up from last night.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Some of you are so close to getting a slap

Thread now officially closed.

Thread will not be moved or made a sticky.

Denny - you do not get to decide what it acceptable or not on this forum. I have stated the view held that if newbies ask silly questions then they are likely to get flamed. That is the way it is and the way it will always be. If you want to be nice to them then reply before anyone else does.
              my ferret is your ferret

Comment

Working...
              X