• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Norla EBT Loan Scheme

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mulberryblue View Post
    Is that Norla Group or only Norla Consulting which have collapsed?

Have they called in the liquidators?
    Originally posted by mulberryblue View Post
    Is that Norla Group or only Norla Consulting which have collapsed?

Have they called in the liquidators?
    Not affected by this, but did some poking around out of curiosity. Coudn't get too much info as I'm in a pretty restricted environment here in terms of what I can get from the web.

NorlaGroup on the web seem to have gone, although Norla Group Ltd is still an active company.

Other Norla companies are Norla Accouting, Norla Consulting and Norla Basics.

The Norla Group web site is gone, trying to connect to it via it's registered IP address comes back as a parked site according to the local web filter here. Someone else may have more luck.

Norla Accounting Ltd based in Coventry was dissolved in December 2010.

Norla Basic Ltd, also in coventry but at a different address has an application to be Struck Off against it. Norla Basic shares an Address with Norla Group.

Norla Consulting is still active at a different coventry address.

Several Norla management seem to have a connection to a company called XTBase.
    LinkedIn has a NorlaGroup page which has some sketchy info to support this plus first names and initials of senior management at Norla. You'd need a premium LinkedIn account to get the full names.

Norla Group and Norla Basic shares an address with XTbase.

Unit 8 & 9 Innovation Village,
    Cheetah Road,
    Coventry
    CV1 2TL

Contact Us - XTBase

The XTBase.com website shares an IP address with the ex-NorlaGroup website.

You might try fishing for a contact by ringing XTBase and asking for someone from Norla. YMMV.
    Last edited by DaveB; 14 March 2011, 15:25.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Love the address - "Cheetah Road"...
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        Not affected by this, but did some poking around out of curiosity.... YMMV.

Post Of The Day!
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I presume this leaves the Norla clients being investigated by HMRC in a precarious position.

This is one of the risks with schemes. If the promoter folds then the users are left having to defend themselves.

Not good...

Comment

Be careful who you deal with would be my advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Vallah View Post
              Be careful who you deal with would be my advice.
              Personally I would steer clear of any firms who only offer a contractor scheme. These have a habit of disappearing in a puff of smoke at the first sign of trouble.

Well established companies, who offer a range of tax planning to different types of clients, are more likely to still be around when you need them.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
                Personally I would steer clear of any firms who only offer a contractor scheme. These have a habit of disappearing in a puff of smoke at the first sign of trouble.

Well established companies, who offer a range of tax planning to different types of clients, are more likely to still be around when you need them.
                I quite agree.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post

sound and rational advice DR the less cowboys who can attract enough clients to survive the first month the better for contractors and providers

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                    Other Norla companies are Norla Accouting, Norla Consulting and Norla Basics.
                    I believe Norla Accounting is now called Freestyle Accounting and are based at a different address. Freestyle are my Accountants (Yes, I do have full control of my Ltd Company, but have delegated my accounting stuff to them).

I am worried that Freestyle Accounting may go the same way as Norla Group, but am unsure whether I should approach them or not to clarify.
                    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Norla

Freestyle accounting was set up by one of the management at Norla who left Norla the company. Norla accounting, basics, XT Base and consulting are all under the same Norla Group and its the group that has collapsed, there are no staff there, the company has shut down. You should be perfectly safe using Freestyle accounting as I dont believe they are in any way connected with Norla, but give them a call, I believe I know who set up the company and they will be perfectly straight and honest with you if it is who I believe it to be.
                      Last edited by daz2864; 15 March 2011, 11:05.

Comment

Working...
                      X