• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advice from Accountants needed

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice from Accountants needed

I am a Ltd company contractor currently rethinking my accountancy requirements.

I know it isn't normal practice - but is there any reason why I cannot have more than 1 accountant - e.g. one for Annual Accounts + Corporation tax, and another for PAYE?

Originally posted by Tinkerbell3 View Post
    I am a Ltd company contractor currently rethinking my accountancy requirements.

I know it isn't normal practice - but is there any reason why I cannot have more than 1 accountant - e.g. one for Annual Accounts + Corporation tax, and another for PAYE?
    You mean you want one for your business and one for your personal tax?
    Yes, there's no limit to the number of accountants you can have.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

One Ltd company:
      One accountant for Annual Accounts and CT.
      A different accountant for payroll - employer & employee PAYE, NICs etc.
      Last edited by Tinkerbell3; 20 August 2024, 16:02.

Comment

One Ltd company:
        One accountant for Annual Accounts and CT.
        A different accountant for payroll - employer & employee PAYE, NICs etc.
        My question would be why? It's going to cost you more for a start. Two accountants doing half of the work each will cost you more than one accountant doing the lot.
        Then I'd say where is the overall responsibility. They may advise on the area they are looking at but who is giving you general strategic advice? What if you want to know something and one says not the area you are paying me for, go to the other and they say the same. Which one is keeping abreast of everything that you need to know?

Then there is finding an accountant that would be willing to do such a small piece of work properly, let alone two.

So my question to you is why do you want this. Yes it's possible but tell us why you want to do this and we can give you better advice.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Not to discourage our esteemed accountant members, but one is more than enough

Comment

Are there any ACCOUNTANTS on this forum that can provide a response please?

The question is: Is there any reason why my Ltd company cannot have:
            Accountant 1 - Annual Accounts + CT600
            Accountant 2 - PAYE (employer & employee payroll etc.)

Ignore Self Assessment, Confirmation Statement, dividends & VAT for this scenario.

It might cost more, but cost aside - will there be any issues?

Comment

Ignore Self Assessment, Confirmation Statement, dividends & VAT for this scenario.

OK. Ignoring 50% of why you have an accountant and the fact it will cost twice as much, no. It's your money after all...
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Streuth. The first answer on this thread was "yes you can"
                The second answer was "yes you can, but why"
                The fourth answer was "yes you can"

You can pay 100 accountants if you want. There is no legal maximum in the UK to the number of accountants you use. There are practicalities and costs involved, and there are those of us who ask why, suspicious that someone has got some idea in their head that they don't want to tell us. This is based on experience over the years on this forum.

So, YES, you can have multiple accountants, but we'd love to know the real reason why you'd want to.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Streuth. The first answer on this thread was "yes you can"
                  The second answer was "yes you can, but why"
                  The fourth answer was "yes you can"

So, YES, you can have multiple accountants, but we'd love to know the real reason why you'd want to.
                  oh yes.
                  refreshing to see someone who likes wasting hard earned cash.

Comment

Originally posted by sadkingbilly View Post

oh yes.
                    refreshing to see someone who likes wasting hard earned cash.
                    But as we well know on this forum there is something odd going on at the root of this. It's pretty standard for an OP to have an idea, come up with a solution to their idea and then ask us if the solution is OK. Usually the post makes little sense like this one and the advice the OP should be looking for is about the idea/situation, not the solution.
                    It's like someone asking if it's legal to drive with their head out the sunroof. We all say yes but why. Reason is OP wants to feel a breeze when driving and once we know this we can tell them to wind the window down.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X