• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Self-assessment professional subscriptions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Self-assessment professional subscriptions

I am doing Mrs. Lance's SATR. She has professional memberships that I want to add as she is due tax relief.
    I'm doing SATR online.

All the guides I have read refer to completing the box 19. But online I don't get those boxes.
    Any ideas where I can add these?

I've not asked the accountant as they don't do the wife.
    See You Next Tuesday

Originally posted by Lance View Post
    I am doing Mrs. Lance's SATR. She has professional memberships that I want to add as she is due tax relief.
    I'm doing SATR online.

All the guides I have read refer to completing the box 19. But online I don't get those boxes.
    Any ideas where I can add these?

I've not asked the accountant as they don't do the wife.
    found it.
    It goes against an employment not the person. Which is why I couldn't find it.

Thanks all.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Happy to help

Comment

I might bookmark this for later in the week.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

found it.
          It goes against an employment not the person. Which is why I couldn't find it.

Thanks all.
          Of course it does you thick b*****d

Just out of interest what type of subscription is it? It's highly unlikely to factor but there is that interesting ditty where not all subscriptions are allowable. IPSE isn't for example because they won't release the membership to HMRC so they aren't recognised. Not a given that every subscription is allowable.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

In case any one needs it the list of allowable subscriptions is on https://www.gov.uk/government/public...rned-societies

Needed it when I wanted to join the ACM

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Of course it does you thick b*****d

Just out of interest what type of subscription is it? It's highly unlikely to factor but there is that interesting ditty where not all subscriptions are allowable. IPSE isn't for example because they won't release the membership to HMRC so they aren't recognised. Not a given that every subscription is allowable.
              Health and Care Professions Council (allow the fee payable for the entry or retention of a name in the register ― s343 ITEPA 2003 ― title from August 2012 formerly the Health Professions Council)

and

Royal College of OT (not on the HMRC list but a requirement for her employment)
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
              X