• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Five questions to ask when hiring a contractor accountant - by SJD Accountancy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Five questions to ask when hiring a contractor accountant - by SJD Accountancy

Saw this today by SJD

https://www.contractoruk.com/limited...ccountant.html

Includes the questions:

"What will I get for my money?"

and

"What level of service can I expect?"

Will they be answering honestly?
    ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

SJD writes a list of questions to ask your prospective accounts that would put themselves out of the running

I bet they don't disclose the charges for doing end of year or SA accounts early that they've dumped on their customers time after time.

For instance, will you be appointed an ‘Account Manager’ – your point of contact – whose job it is to understand your personal and business needs? Can you call or email your account manager whenever? How long will it take your requests, on average, to be dealt with?
    and what happens if you don't get this service, your accountant disappears off the face of the earth and you have to turn to a forum of your peers for help.

And, crucially, how long do customers stay with this accountant?
    Shouldn't that be 'how long does your accountant say with their customers'? And have a months option for SJD.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      How long will it take your requests, on average, to be dealt with?
      Either the irony of that question must burn for the author to type out, or they have even less self-awareness than previously understood.
      ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Some accountants offer full-service packages for one fixed monthly fee. This service includes pretty much everything you need to run your business from an accounting perspective – from bookkeeping and payroll to filing obligations, self-assessment, VAT and corporation tax support.
        and the benefit of worrying about HMRC trying to class this as an MSC - yippee.

Comment

Seems a surprising move to use a site that hosts a forum where your brand is roasted on a regular basis, to advertise your brand.
          Must be cheap to advertise, or the marketing people are worse at marketing than the accountants are at accounting.

It's like Twitter advertising on Mastodon.
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
            Seems a surprising move to use a site that hosts a forum where your brand is roasted on a regular basis, to advertise your brand.
            Must be cheap to advertise, or the marketing people are worse at marketing than the accountants are at accounting.

It's like Twitter advertising on Mastodon.
            I'd be keen to know what the CUK decision makers think - are any of the people that run the 'site' posters on here?
            ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post

I'd be keen to know what the CUK decision makers think - are any of the people that run the 'site' posters on here?
              whatever they *think* CUK is still a commercial venture, funded by advertising.
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

whatever they *think* CUK is still a commercial venture, funded by advertising.
                This. Do you remember not that long ago that you could be reading the HMRC schemes threads and one of offenders appeared on the advertising banner at the top?
                To be fair that disappeared fairly quickly but not sure if that was da management stepping in and kick them off.
                Last edited by northernladuk; 22 March 2023, 15:02.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Or When will my information get leaked to the darkweb in a cyber attack?
                  Former IPSE member
                  My Website

Comment

SJD are offering 25% off their monthly fees for six months for new clients. Under no circumstance should anyone here take them up on that offer!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X