• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Living a Nightmare with SJD Accountancy

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Living a Nightmare with SJD Accountancy

Hi all,

I am incredibly disappointed with SJD Accountancy.

The company accounts 21/22 with a deadline on the 30th of October 2022 have to this date not been submitted or sent to me for approval. An internal complaint was issued by my previous SJD accountant (N.A) on the 21st of November and this was when the team managers L. W and L. B got involved.

Week after week they kept promising that I would receive the accounts, but 10 Weeks later still nothing has happened. Moreover, I have not been asked for confirmation to close the complaint that was supposedly issued on the 21st of November. Later I found out that the complaint had been closed without informing me and of course without the issue having been solved.

I have asked my current accountant E. A. (senior accountant) to create a new complaint (22nd of February), still haven't heard anything in regards to this so far.

I have even sent an official complaint to [email protected] following the instructions they provide on their webpage (https://lnkd.in/eYGyXx8M), but no answers so far.

In the meantime they keep billing £120 a month. I have raised complaints with ACCA.

Is someone in a similar situation?

They never reply to emails or calls, even deleted a comment I posted in their Linkedin.

I would appreciate your help. Thanks!

Bit late now, I'm afraid - shame you weren't here a few years ago when a huge number of posters reported the same issues and left them in their droves.

You won't get anywhere asking them to do stuff; I got no response to any of my complaints despite a host of serious issues. In my case I sourced a new accountant and let them sort it out as best they could. Even then I had four months of fines from HMRC because SJD kept sending in MTI reports after I'd left them, meaning HMRC thought I was earning double what I actually was and where is the missing tax please... To call them incompetent cowboys is being generous.

Good luck
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by Londonup View Post

Is someone in a similar situation?
      Yep. Every single SJD customer that hasn't had the wherewithal to leave yet.

It's like that guy that posted saying he's happy with SJD's service so he's going to stay. And we said, until the inevitable happens and you have a problem, which he did.

Good luck with a resolution. As soon as you get one leave ASAP.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

How a company can get away with this?

I have a written email where they commit to pay any incurred penalties becasue of the delays. Now, they dont reply and the penalty increases. I dont know what to do...

Please let me know if you know someone in SJD which I can contact.

PT: Its very interesting to see that there are no senior members of these horrible companies in Linkedin

Comment

Originally posted by Londonup View Post
          How a company can get away with this?

I have a written email where they commit to pay any incurred penalties becasue of the delays. Now, they dont reply and the penalty increases. I dont know what to do...

Please let me know if you know someone in SJD which I can contact.

PT: Its very interesting to see that there are no senior members of these horrible companies in Linkedin

In the old days you could have mentioned it to Simon Dolan who frequented these forums but it all went south when he sold it to faceless venture capitalists.

I'd just hunt around their website, linkedin, whatever to find any old telephone number you can and just ring it endlessly.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

SJD, Nixon Williams, Parasol and the like have effectively gone out of business by all accounts. They're not going to hang a sign on the door saying "sorry, closed" - take what you see to be the case and move on.
            ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

I've been with SJD for years. I did not leave when they got hacked. The move to freeagent has not given me trouble. There can be some delays for year end accounts but they've completed it for me well within the time frame. Looks like you've burned some bridges with SJD as that has not been my experience.
              Last edited by pkm; 2 March 2023, 20:07.

Comment

Originally posted by pkm View Post
                I've been with SJD for years. I did not leave when they got hacked. The move to freeagent has not given me trouble. There can be some delays for year end accounts but they've completed it for me well within the time frame. Looks like you've burned some bridges with SJD as that has not been my experience.
                This you lad? https://forums.contractoruk.com/acco...-or-going.html

If enough people have had such a negative, actually an abusive experience with them, because it's not happening to you now doesn't mean it won't

This company don't answer the phone, don't respond to emails, notified customers of a data breach a year after it happened, have effectively half done a moonlight flit

How many more signals do you want or need to get out?!

"But he said he loves me..."
                ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post

This you lad? https://forums.contractoruk.com/acco...-or-going.html

If enough people have had such a negative, actually an abusive experience with them, because it's not happening to you now doesn't mean it won't

This company don't answer the phone, don't respond to emails, notified customers of a data breach a year after it happened, have effectively half done a moonlight flit

How many more signals do you want or need to get out?!

"But he said he loves me..."
                  Certainly me. I did think about leaving at the time but I did not. I did not go shouting at them with complaints after complaints. That only makes matters worse. They moved me to FA. I still had doubts but I've not had problems since. I'm not recommending them for anyone. But I can't say I've had issues like the OP had when I haven't. I may still move in the near future but for the moment I'm OK with my accountant (e.g. she leaves the company).

Comment

Originally posted by pkm View Post

Certainly me. I did think about leaving at the time but I did not. I did not go shouting at them with complaints after complaints. That only makes matters worse. They moved me to FA. I still had doubts but I've not had problems since. I'm not recommending them for anyone. But I can't say I've had issues like the OP had when I haven't. I may still move in the near future but for the moment I'm OK with my accountant (e.g. she leaves the company).
                    Missing two jey deadlines ignoring my instructions re salary, buggering up my year end numbers and costing me fines with HMRC...

Yeah, of course I should have stayed with them. How certain sare you that the service you're getting is any good or bears any relation to reality? 'Cos I'm not...
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                    X