• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SA software for BADR

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fabios View Post
    That's very useful to know. I was expecting 3rd party software to be build more independently allowing for "manual adjustments".
    The 3rd party software has to submit in a way that is acceptable to HMRC. If you want manual adjustments that don't follow the logic, then you'd need to submit a paper version and wait for them to come back and tell you what you did wrong.

Alternatively, try some of the 3rd party software and if it lets you submit, then look at exactly what it has submitted compared with exactly what you were filling out on the HMRC website.
    That will then show you where you were going wrong.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Alternatively, try some of the 3rd party software and if it lets you submit, then look at exactly what it has submitted compared with exactly what you were filling out on the HMRC website.
      That will then show you where you were going wrong.
      Feels like I'm getting closer to finding the answer. I've just got a copy of someone else's SA and box 36 is filled with BAD. Then, the disposals are populated in Unisted shares and securities.
      I've also used that section but there is no BAD option in section "If you are making any claims or elections, select the relevant code:".
      When I've changed it to "Other property, asses and gains" I can then choose BAD.

The one I've got copy of is done by an accountant and submitted online.

Note under "type of asset":
      Any gains or losses on disposals for which Business Asset Disposal Relief (previously Entrepreneurs' Relief) has been claimed, must be included in this section as 'Other property, assets and gains'.

Does it mean accountant did it incorrectly or it doesn't matter as long as code and tax is correct?

Last edited by fabios; 10 January 2023, 12:16.

Comment

I think the instructions are pretty clear - you must use the "Other property, assets and gains" option and then select BADR.

There's an information box where you can provide the details and dates of any disposals within the tax year (when I did an MVL, the disposal was done in two parts but all within the same tax year).

Comment

Feels like I'm getting closer to finding the answer. I've just got a copy of someone else's SA and box 36 is filled with BAD.
          You're not really any closer then are you? That was the 1st reply to your post.

https://forums.contractoruk.com/acco...ml#post2961070

See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
            I think the instructions are pretty clear - you must use the "Other property, assets and gains" option and then select BADR.

There's an information box where you can provide the details and dates of any disposals within the tax year (when I did an MVL, the disposal was done in two parts but all within the same tax year).
            Do you know if I need to use information box if i used worksheet (part of HMRC form) to work out the tax? I don't see the worksheet being added to final file (pdf) so not sure if it's being stored internally or if it's just for tax calc purposes.

Comment

Do you know if I need to use information box if i used worksheet (part of HMRC form) to work out the tax? I don't see the worksheet being added to final file (pdf) so not sure if it's being stored internally or if it's just for tax calc purposes.
              What "worksheet" are you referring to?
              Which "HMRC form" are you talking about?

Most of the worksheets provided on the GOV website are to help you with your calculations, they are not part of the self assessment form.

This thread is getting very close to being closed. You need professional help.

Comment

You know you can complete an SA100 manually and post it if you want, right?

Comment

What "worksheet" are you referring to?
                  Which "HMRC form" are you talking about?
                  HMRC SA online submission form.
                  Most of the worksheets provided on the GOV website are to help you with your calculations, they are not part of the self assessment form.
                  That was my suspicious.
                  This thread is getting very close to being closed. You need professional help.
                  Why? Tbf I'm closer to getting it done than requiring professional help. My confusion comes from comparing my SA to someone else's with some slight differences.

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                  You know you can complete an SA100 manually and post it if you want, right?
                  No, I don't. I thought that only online it can be done by end of January.
                  ​​​​​​​

Comment

HMRC SA online submission form.
                    There are no worksheets on the online form.

My confusion comes from comparing my SA to someone else's with some slight differences.
                    You are comparing two things that are different and wondering why they are different. This is why you need to pay for professional help.

No, I don't. I thought that only online it can be done by end of January.
                    You're too late now to submit a paper return (31st October). You may well be too late to get an accountant to help you as they will be busy with their own customers.

Comment

another option, that is free, is to ring the HMRC helpline. They will be very helpful when you get through.
                      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                      X