• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 repealed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[HMRC dust off their MSC Strategy]
    https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Personally not that happy. The original changes separated permietractors from contractors and put the liability on the client.

Now we're going back to the market being flooded with permietractors and the liability has shifted back to the contractors.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Hallett View Post
        IMO they need put less effort in to the rules and increase the effort in reporting and actioning. Just expand the current service they run where some of us are selected and paid to provide them with information on contractors who have no idea and would be an easy investigation. The commission from a successful case might go down so not making it as lucrative but still plenty of work to go around. They would also probably have to start taxing the commission rather than it being tax expempt which would irk me no end but we've a black hole to fill.
        Less effort in to stopping it and more effort in to target investigations with high chance of income.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by krytonsheep View Post
          Personally not that happy. The original changes separated permietractors from contractors and put the liability on the client.

Now we're going back to the market being flooded with permietractors and the liability has shifted back to the contractors.
          Gotta say I kind of agree with this.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Hallett View Post
            I dust off my knowledge of MSC to see how far I can push things as I open up an "accountancy" firm for lorry drivers and social care workers...
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

You know, it feels really good not paying a penny of NI. You'll remember.

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
                You know, it feels really good not paying a penny of NI. You'll remember.
                Great,
                finally back to the olden days.
                more take home - 80%
                good days ahead

Comment

Originally posted by RobScott View Post

Great,
                  finally back to the olden days.
                  more take home - 80%
                  good days ahead
                  Did he get rid of double taxation on dividends too?

Comment

Originally posted by krytonsheep View Post

I agree. Gone from client taking the risk to it coming back to me. no sure that is what I want.

I would much prefer to have the rules written down in a more black and white manner, but that will never happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Hairlocks View Post

I agree. Gone from client taking the risk to it coming back to me. no sure that is what I want.

I would much prefer to have the rules written down in a more black and white manner, but that will never happen.
                      I think you've just made Krytons point.

Comment

Working...
                      X