• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

QQ for Aldermore customers (personal accounts)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QQ for Aldermore customers (personal accounts)

Not at all contracting related or business account related.

I need to help my Mum access her ISA and withdraw the money and she can't remember her log in details. Has anyone dealt with Aldermore over the phone to reset their online account details? I need to know what sort of security questions they ask as I need to prep her and make sure she can answer them.

She has her account number, from paperwork received in 2017, but it's unlikely she will remember secret words or passphrases. Fortunately she can still remember her name, DoB and address! I tried the password reset but I think she might have changed the original 10-digit customer ID as that and her email address are rejected. The email address is correct as that's where Aldermore are sending account information to.

Any pointers gratefully received.

I don't have any specific experience with Aldermore. However, based on other banks, it would be useful to gather as many statements as possible. E.g. they might ask when the most recent deposit was made, and what the approximate balance of the account is.

Comment

Originally posted by hobnob View Post
      I don't have any specific experience with Aldermore. However, based on other banks, it would be useful to gather as many statements as possible. E.g. they might ask when the most recent deposit was made, and what the approximate balance of the account is.
      +1 - the important thing is to think about what will appear on the screen when they enter the account details that they can then use to confirm you are the person you claim to be...

So current balance, recent transactions balance on other accounts and other accounts held...
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Not directly answering the question but...... When parents are getting on a bit, it's a really good idea to put in place power of attorney. Best to do it whilst parents fully have their faculties. If one day they don't, it's a lot more hassle to get PoA then. Can be done yourself, no need to pay solicitors to do it, the forms are pretty straightforward. There's financial and health PoAs, recommend you get both organised. One day you might be very glad you did.
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
          Not directly answering the question but...... When parents are getting on a bit, it's a really good idea to put in place power of attorney. Best to do it whilst parents fully have their faculties. If one day they don't, it's a lot more hassle to get PoA then. Can be done yourself, no need to pay solicitors to do it, the forms are pretty straightforward. There's financial and health PoAs, recommend you get both organised. One day you might be very glad you did.
          See TPD - that's what Ladymuck is in the process of doing.

and has reminded me I most get it sorted for the MIL and double check where the paperwork is for my parents..
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

It's a bit difficult to confirm transactions and current balance when you can't access the account...

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
              LPA has been applied for, will get that in ~20 weeks based on current estimates

My Dad is likely to be dead before his comes through but at least we tried. My Mum's has been applied for before we've finished getting her 'cognitive decline' fully investigated and diagnosed.

Comment

It's funny you should say that, but Aldermore are the only bank I know that used to ask you your security answers in order to log in at their end - I think they basically log into the same form, or a version of it. These days they ask for 2 characters (as per online) but back in the day when you had to type the full word in, they asked for that too

Best interest rates in the business, but never more than 85k deposited
                ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  It's a bit difficult to confirm transactions and current balance when you can't access the account...
                  I was hoping that they'd send out paper statements once a year. Without that, you might need to cross-reference against other accounts, e.g. look at your mum's main bank account to see what money was transferred out.

Comment

Originally posted by hobnob View Post

I was hoping that they'd send out paper statements once a year. Without that, you might need to cross-reference against other accounts, e.g. look at your mum's main bank account to see what money was transferred out.
                    She might have some old statements; she stopped paying into it some time ago and last logged in over two years ago - she has a little slip of paper that says what the balance was in the month she last checked but it's not dated. The money would have been transferred in from another ISA as she was very much on top of such things when she was working. I remember seeing some transfer paperwork so I can at least give that as an opening balance value.

Comment

Working...
                    X