• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lost money due to government dept "losing" my SC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smatty View Post
    If you got it in 2017 then it'd have expired after 5 years anyway wouldn't it, so you'd have needed to reapply this year anyway.
    depends.
    I have seen some for contractors that are 7 years.
    But all cease 1 year after you've left TTBOMK
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

depends.
      I have seen some for contractors that are 7 years.
      But all cease 1 year after you've left TTBOMK
      No, all cease immediately you leave the post it applies to. See my earlier post(s).
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

No, all cease immediately you leave the post it applies to. See my earlier post(s).
        not in all cases.
        I have left a client, and returned to the same client, within a year, and continued to use the same SC.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

You opened your first mail with a comment about sarcasm from me. For a change you've actually asked a fairly reasonable question and I've provided a reasonable answer in my opinion. All was going well.

So why throw this stupidity in and derail what must be the first post this year that might actually stay in prof forums? Just no need.

You only reduce yourself back to an idiot for even mentioning it so why did you do it?
          No, he's played you for an easily-baited fool who can't resist starting a fight in the professional forums.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

not in all cases.
            I have left a client, and returned to the same client, within a year, and continued to use the same SC.
            Why is this so hard to understand. Clearance - any clearance at any level - is fundamentally a risk assessment. Returning to the same client means the risk assessment is still valid provided you haven't a short holiday in Afghanistan or something out of sight of the security services. So why waste time running the whole process when they only need to check your recent history?

Secondly, "within a year" is pretty significant. It is a convention that clearance stands for 12 months after you leave the post, purely to save paperwork and scarce effort. It is not a given (as I have said repeatedly) and may not always be transferable (as I have also said repeatedly).

Thirdly, they will have run a check (or two), it's just that haven't told you they have. Equally if the client isn't a Department or an inside the wire agency, they tend not to be very precise about SC rules anyway; certainly any Department won't take a commercial SC on trust but will require a re-vet.

Finally - and rather more to the point - we are talking general cases, in the vague hope that people will begin to understand the process. One-off edge cases don't help.
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
            X