• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nixon Williams hit by Cyber Security incident

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrContractorMan View Post

So basically you are calling me lazy or stupid and no one to blame but myself for SJD incompetance! Every single forum has one doesn't it and I found this forum's smart arse within hours of joining well done.
    SJD are owned by another parent group, Parasol Group companies. Nixon Williams, Clearsky, FirstFreelance, and others.

If you don't understand how bad these companies are, now that they basically been combined and time shared between staff on different office projects, then you haven't done your research. Their service has dived downwards since they were bought out and combined together.

SJD might have responsibility for not submitting your accounts to Companies House, but as the Director the buck stops at your feet. You should set up yourself with access to Companies House web filing and DIY as a backup option for when SJD let you down again. Or, if you have half a brain, move to a better accounting company.

If you stay with SJD going forward then you need your head examined.

Comment

Originally posted by agentzero View Post

SJD are owned by another parent group, Parasol Group companies. Nixon Williams, Clearsky, FirstFreelance, and others.

If you don't understand how bad these companies are, now that they basically been combined and time shared between staff on different office projects, then you haven't done your research. Their service has dived downwards since they were bought out and combined together.

SJD might have responsibility for not submitting your accounts to Companies House, but as the Director the buck stops at your feet. You should set up yourself with access to Companies House web filing and DIY as a backup option for when SJD let you down again. Or, if you have half a brain, move to a better accounting company.

If you stay with SJD going forward then you need your head examined.
      You started out quite well with this reply but I don't see why you had to add all of the condescending 'I knew all of this aren't I clever' type of comments and insinuations that anyone who does not have your superior levels of knowledge being a half wit.

Thankfully most people seem fairly friendly and informative.

Comment

So basically you are calling me lazy or stupid and no one to blame but myself for SJD incompetance! Every single forum has one doesn't it and I found this forum's smart arse within hours of joining well done.
        You need to wind your neck in. I clearly said 'Oblivious'. If you had no idea how bad SJD is then you fall in to that catagory which is not calling anyone stupid or lazy.

Some people stay at SJD because they can't be bothered to change despite the signs being there. We see plenty of them on here. They are the lazy ones. A vasy majority of SJD customers don't know how bad it is and don't know how much better the competition is, the are oblivious. I never called anyone stupid. If you knew SJD was a problem and did nothing then you are lazy, if you had no idea how bad their service is then you were oblivious. Neither indicate stupidity or warrant your level of anger. Can't really make it nice and fluffy for you.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

You need to wind your neck in. I clearly said 'Oblivious'. If you had no idea how bad SJD is then you fall in to that catagory which is not calling anyone stupid or lazy.

Some people stay at SJD because they can't be bothered to change despite the signs being there. We see plenty of them on here. They are the lazy ones. A vasy majority of SJD customers don't know how bad it is and don't know how much better the competition is, the are oblivious. I never called anyone stupid. If you knew SJD was a problem and did nothing then you are lazy, if you had no idea how bad their service is then you were oblivious. Neither indicate stupidity or warrant your level of anger. Can't really make it nice and fluffy for you.
          You saw a newbie who had posted their first post and decided to be a smart arse.

Comment

You saw a newbie who had posted their first post and decided to be a smart arse.
            Oh don't get me wrong. Unfortunately I am that guy and get a lot of grief from being tough on the newbies. I'm no angel in that area for sure... But regarding you, it's there in writing, you've read it wrong. I said lazy or oblivious. Neither of which mean stupid. You've taken offense where really there isn't any meant. Just some tough talking on an internet forum. I believe I am completely factually correct. They are the only two reasons anyone would stay with SJD. You are one of them, neither are that offensive for you to go off on one.

The other aspect is we see this so often and nothing changes. SJD/NW etc have been on the slide for years and all the signs are there. The fact you are still using a spreadsheet and not checked the prices in years etc. We get a bit 'whatever' about it. We can't give every unhappy SJD a cuddle anymore. It's getting a bit silly why so many people are still with them when they are so bad so yeah, we've got a bit offhand about it.

It's just an internet forum, these things get misread and offense appears where there were not. Just let it slide and move on.
            Last edited by northernladuk; 27 January 2022, 13:54.

Comment

No he didn't. Not for the first time, he (and we) saw someone asking for advice in a deteriorating situation that has been clearly flagged up around here for at least five years. The advice from all of us is get the hell out. When that advice is apparently rejected, then fine, that's your choice. You will forgive us not sympathising overmuch as a result.
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Oh don't get me wrong. Unfortunately I am that guy and get a lot of grief from being tough on the newbies. I'm no angel in that area for sure... But regarding you, it's there in writing, you've read it wrong. I said lazy or oblivious. Neither of which mean stupid. You've taken offense where really there isn't any meant. Just some tough talking on an internet forum. I believe I am completely factually correct. They are the only two reasons anyone would stay with SJD. You are one of them, neither are that offensive for you to go off on one.

The other aspect is we see this so often and nothing changes. SJD/NW etc have been on the slide for years and all the signs are there. The fact you are still using a spreadsheet and not checked the prices in years etc. We get a bit 'whatever' about it. We can't give every unhappy SJD a cuddle anymore. It's getting a bit silly why so many people are still with them when they are so bad so yeah, we've got a bit offhand about it.

It's just an internet forum, these things get misread and offense appears where there were not. Just let it slide and move on.
                By your own admission, you are the self confessed forum tough guy king of the keyboard warriors.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

No he didn't. Not for the first time, he (and we) saw someone asking for advice in a deteriorating situation that has been clearly flagged up around here for at least five years. The advice from all of us is get the hell out. When that advice is apparently rejected, then fine, that's your choice. You will forgive us not sympathising overmuch as a result.
                  Well you didn't look very far then did you seeing as I am a new member who only joined yesterday why do you assume that I have been reading your posts for the last five years!

In addition I have never said once whether I was going to leave SJD or not so what are you assuming that I am ignoring any advice.

One could get the impression that new members are not welcome around here.

Comment

Well you didn't look very far then did you seeing as I am a new member who only joined yesterday why do you assume that I have been reading your posts for the last five years!

In addition I have never said once whether I was going to leave SJD or not so what are you assuming that I am ignoring any advice.

One could get the impression that new members are not welcome around here.
                    Or that some people are over-sensitive?

You've been told several times in this thread that SJD are dangerous and incompetent but I don't recall you accepting that warning. And I was with them for 12 years before things started to slide and I bailed at the next year end.

If you haven't seen the signs on here they have been failing badly for some time and using barely capable people to look after your busines. Don't bitch at us if you've ignored the signals.
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

By your own admission, you are the self confessed forum tough guy king of the keyboard warriors.
                      Can't deny it I am afraid and at times it kinda spoils my more factual and helpful posts, that, to be fair will always be pretty gruff and straight talking, by muddying the waters between picking on someone and just posting some cold hard facts.

But in that case it's cold hard facts. Although if you keep crying it's quickly going to move in to the keyboard warrior territory to be fair.

Comment

Working...
                      X