• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nixon Williams hit by Cyber Security incident

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, it's not a class action, it's a single legal running one case of behalf of an individual plus a load of other, separate clients. It's £90 a pop which is very cheap, but if he's got 100 clients on the ticket then that's £9k a pop to him. Or a lot more if he's got a pile of no win, no fee clients.

It will only help others in a class action way if (a) he gets a result and (b) the result is enforceable on others in the (exact) same position.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

You've been watching too much US tv shows. No class action lawsuits in the UK.
      Maybe my terminology was incorrect, I think it's group litigation, I just has one settled with BA around their databreach and I'm still in one against VW for the Diesel scandal
      Last edited by Eirikur; 23 February 2022, 16:19.

Comment

Can anyone PM me a link to the Vice Society clearnet blog, then that would be great - really appreciate it.

I've been with NW for close to 10 years now, I sacked then off last week - this cyber incident was the straw that broke the camels back

Thanks

Comment

I have a response from my DSAR. They need 3 months rather than 30 days due to the complexity of them being hacked. Not sure if that counts for anything, but I’m not going to get any answers sooner than that.
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

marvelous. Letter sent.
            This pro forma was provided to me by a CISO who called it his 'nightmare scenario GDPR DSAR letter'
            Thanks again for this letter, ICO has upheld my complaint when Optionis sent me their GDPR policy and refused to answer what data of mine had been breached.

All best,
            C

Comment

Originally posted by TerminallyDisappointed View Post

Thanks again for this letter, ICO has upheld my complaint when Optionis sent me their GDPR policy and refused to answer what data of mine had been breached.

All best,
              C
              they didn't refuse me they just delayed. They've got till the end of next week to meet the extension deadline.
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

I got a 'final response' yesterday.

This is my email back to them

Hi xxxxxx,
                • The information provided does not look complete to me. At the very least there are none of the spreadsheets with financial data in. There should be at least one a month for the 3 years I was using SJD. All you have provided is copies of emails I have anyway and an incomplete screenshot of a web portal. This is ay short of the information you would be expected to have, never mind any information that you may have for me that I’m not aware of.
                • My questions in my DSAR have not all been addressed.
                • You have provided personal information of a 3rd party in this request. I am certain this is not correct. Will you be informing the 3rd party of this?
                In summary. This ‘Final Response’ is inadequate. The reason for me doing a DSAR is as a result of the data breach you have suffered. As a result of that I want to know what risk my information is at. At the moment I can only conclude that you have no idea what information you have on me, what processing you have done on my information where it is stored, and whether you have breached its confidentiality in your data leak.

Can you please address my concerns, or do I need to raise this with the ICO?
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Has anyone actually made any progress getting hold of NW staff or getting any updates on whats happening? The lack of any info is very frustrating... Been trying to leave them prior to the attack but obviously things have gone silent now.

Comment

Originally posted by MooTills View Post
                    Has anyone actually made any progress getting hold of NW staff or getting any updates on whats happening? The lack of any info is very frustrating... Been trying to leave them prior to the attack but obviously things have gone silent now.
                    Communications about the incident and what's happened to my data has been non-existent and there have been no further public updates that I'm aware of.

However, I've not had any problems with day-to-day accounting since they got services back online, either via NW or Parasol. My accountant has sent my VAT returns and responded to queries.
                    I've now started the process of closing my Ltd. company and my enquiry was passed over to that team on the same day. The person I've been dealing with has been very helpful and responding quickly (mostly within the hour) to my questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                      I got a 'final response' yesterday.

This is my email back to them
                      no response so have raised a complaint with the ICO today.
                      They are going bankrupt...... If they are still your accountant then write them off and find another (I can't believe this still has to be said).
                      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                      X