• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nixon Williams hit by Cyber Security incident

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TerminallyDisappointed View Post

I forwarded the above letter too.

I presume you received the response with a copy of the privacy statement and the following:

"We will follow our processes regarding your subject access request.

In terms of the other information sought in your email, the majority is covered off by our privacy notice, which I have attached for you. For security and legal reasons, it is not possible for us to address the remainder of your queries."

They've given up, haven't they? :/
    Me too.... what's the next step(s)?

Comment

Originally posted by Whitelime View Post

wait 30 days from the date you sent it. If no answer then they have breached and you can report to the ICO.
      They will likely answer so see it provides the answers you need, and if not I'm not sure of the next steps. The clock is ticking though.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

wait 30 days from the date you sent it. If no answer then they have breached and you can report to the ICO.
        They will likely answer so see it provides the answers you need, and if not I'm not sure of the next steps. The clock is ticking though.
        As an ex-customer (only since last year unfortunately), I had absolutely no contact from NW with regard to the breach. Is that in itself enough to file a complaint with the ICO I wonder?

As you say, I'm sure the response will just be a box ticking exercise and we'll be none the wiser.

Comment

As an ex-customer (only since last year unfortunately), I had absolutely no contact from NW with regard to the breach.
          I'm still a customer and haven't received any updates for 2 weeks (and that was just a bland message from the Optionis CEO). What a useless bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

seriously????
            You're going to continue to pay them even though they are likely to go bust and not do your year end accounts? Even if they don't go bust they're going to take 6 months at least to do those, so you're paying them for another half a year.
            Yeah Lance. They also do my business insurance which comes out of the direct debit. Optionis is pretty big - no indication of going bust. My accountant is responding and my freeagent is up. I've not been known to cut and run . Partly the reason my contracts last so long. I'll wait a bit and see. I may regret it. Only time will tell.

Comment

Can someone recommend a way of sending special/registered delivery post online? I seem to remember a site that let you upload a letter and they'd post it without having to queue up at the post office.
              ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Send Letters Online In The UK - Upload A PDF And We'll Post Your Mail (ukpostbox.com)
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Thanks for this mate. Much appreciated
                  Former IPSE member
                  My Website

Comment

I've forwarded my original request and response to the ICO and instigated a complaint.

Comment

Thank you
                      ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Working...
                      X