• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ember SaaS Accounting...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

Probably not. Probably because everyone on this forum that uses FA is happy with it and has never experienced "having to keep track of endless email chains... awful!". Are you involved with Ember or something? It looks like a very recent start-up to me - probably too early to tell.

https://www.uktech.news/news/ember-u...-smes-20210222
    No I'm not involved with Ember at all. I can see why you're double Godlike... you know about "everyone's" experiences without asking them! (Or maybe you just make assumptions/projections about these things and assume you know the truth.)

Comment

Originally posted by hgllgh View Post
      So nobody on this forum has actually used Ember then?
      It appears the answer is probably "no". And for the very, very good reasons stated here. FreeAgent was always been and remains ahead of the curve. Maybe something will dislodge it one day. Who knows? At the moment, if I needed a contractor accountant, FA support would be the number one non-negotiable prerequisite.
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

No I'm not involved with Ember at all. I can see why you're double Godlike... you know about "everyone's" experiences without asking them! (Or maybe you just make assumptions/projections about these things and assume you know the truth.)
        Veiled insults cut no ice here. On balance, I won't report this post to the moderators, though I am sorely tempted.

You obviously don't realise it, but getting the answers you did. That are not in line with what you wanted. CUK members have done you a massive favour.
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

A helpful tip is that a question mark typically signals a question. But perhaps your "without asking them!" is a bit like your "having to keep track of endless email chains... awful!". In other words, nonsense. HTH.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

A helpful tip is that a question mark typically signals a question. But perhaps your "without asking them!" is a bit like your "having to keep track of endless email chains... awful!". In other words, nonsense. HTH.
            What you're saying there doesn't really make any sense... and what I said before is still true, you made an assumption about "everyone's" communication experiences with accountants when in reality, you don't know. I was merely pointing that out to you.

Comment

What you're saying there doesn't really make any sense... and what I said before is still true, you made an assumption about "everyone's" communication experiences with accountants when in reality, you don't know. I was merely pointing that out to you.
              It doesn't make any sense to you because you're struggling to understand the concept of a question and answer. I asked you whether you were a shill for Ember. You seemed to respond "no", but it's hard to tell because you're taking it very personally. Also, assumptions don't begin with the word "probably". HTH.

Comment

So in summary: No, no one here appears to have used them.

And no, no one here would be tempted to touch them with a barge pole.

Probably.

Thread closed.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                X