• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ressurect old ltd company or start new one

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ressurect old ltd company or start new one

Dissolved my last ltd 4 years ago when it became apparent that my gig (which was via umbrella) was going to be long term.
    Im now in the position of securing an outside gig so need a ltd company again.

Best to start afresh with a new one or resurrect the old one?
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Yes.

Or to put it another way, how can you resurrect something that doesn't exist?
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Your inability to do even the most basic research around your business and your income is truly staggering.

https://www.rapidformations.co.uk/bl...-company-name/

Dissolved companies are companies that have been struck off the register and are no longer in existence. This means that a dissolved company name can be registered by a new or existing company.

There are no legal restrictions in place to prevent the use of these names, aside from the standard company name rules and regulations set out in the Companies Act 2006 and secondary legislation.
      It makes absolutely zero difference if you use the old name or a new one. You are not resurrecting the company, you are just re-using the name for a new company.

Seems you don't seem to be able to understand that you are better going for a new one so you don't get confused.
      Last edited by northernladuk; 22 October 2021, 09:32.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Your inability to do even the most basic research around your business and your income is truly staggering.

https://www.rapidformations.co.uk/bl...-company-name/

It makes absolutely zero difference if you use the old name or a new one. You are not resurrecting the company, you are just re-using the name for a new company.

Seems you don't seem to be able to understand that you are better going for a new one so you don't get confused.
        Captain Braindead has me on ignore and not sure if quoting my own post lets him see it so if someone else could quote it please?
        Last edited by northernladuk; 22 October 2021, 09:33.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

You cannot "resurrect" a dissolved or liquidated company*, but you can create a new company with the same name as one that has previously been disolved.

*Different cloak-and-dagger rules apply if you're a Glasgow football club

Comment

PC, are you bored or just trolling?

I am starting to get tired of defending you, sort yourself out or use the fecking search for these inane questions that have been answered many, many times.

Thread closed.
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
            X