• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • FREE workshop: Preparing contractors for Autumn : Weds 29th Sep at 7.15pm. More details here.

Recommendation for Business Car insurance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Recommendation for Business Car insurance

    Hi - I have a Tesla Model 3 on order and I need to sort out Business Car Insurance.

    Does anybody have any recommendation as it will need to be my LTD Company who insures the car? We only need to ensure myself and my Wife

    Also, any experiences on maintaining no-claims discount?

    Thanks, Nick


    #2
    Originally posted by nickpowell77 View Post
    Hi - I have a Tesla Model 3 on order and I need to sort out Business Car Insurance.

    Does anybody have any recommendation as it will need to be my LTD Company who insures the car? We only need to ensure myself and my Wife

    Also, any experiences on maintaining no-claims discount?

    Thanks, Nick
    you're in for a shock. Especially if on a lease.
    But you look the same as for personal. Use an aggregator Business Car Insurance | MoneySuperMarket


    See You Next Tuesday

    Comment


      #3
      Who owns the car?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Who owns the car?
        given that it's a Tesla, so self-driving, and updated/controlled remotely over the airwaves, your question is more complex to answer than you think
        See You Next Tuesday

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Lance View Post

          given that it's a Tesla, so self-driving, and updated/controlled remotely over the airwaves, your question is more complex to answer than you think
          Hee hee. Ok. Who is the registered keeper? I'm a bit bemused why the OP didn't look in to doing this before ordering a car?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Lance View Post

            you're in for a shock. Especially if on a lease.
            But you look the same as for personal. Use an aggregator Business Car Insurance | MoneySuperMarket

            As someone thinking of getting a tesla can you explain what shock you mean ? Are teslas really that much more expensive to insure than standard diesel cars for a 40 year male?!

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by NowPermOutsideUK View Post

              As someone thinking of getting a tesla can you explain what shock you mean ? Are teslas really that much more expensive to insure than standard diesel cars for a 40 year male?!
              no. Insurance for company vehicles is far more expensive than personal insurance.

              And if you're not sure, get a quote before you buy.
              See You Next Tuesday

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

                Hee hee. Ok. Who is the registered keeper? I'm a bit bemused why the OP didn't look in to doing this before ordering a car?
                My LTD Company will be the Registered keeper. The car has been ordered (outright purchase) so I am looking at insurance options.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Lance View Post

                  no. Insurance for company vehicles is far more expensive than personal insurance.

                  And if you're not sure, get a quote before you buy.
                  Thanks - Direct Line were reasonable at £550 with two Directors on the Policy and the LTD Co pays )

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by nickpowell77 View Post

                    Thanks - Direct Line were reasonable at £550 with two Directors on the Policy and the LTD Co pays )
                    Who else did you think was going to pay the business insurance for the company car owned by the company?
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X