• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Recommendation for Business Car insurance"

Collapse

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by nickpowell77 View Post

Thanks - Direct Line were reasonable at £550 with two Directors on the Policy and the LTD Co pays )
    Who else did you think was going to pay the business insurance for the company car owned by the company?

Leave a comment:

• nickpowell77
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post

no. Insurance for company vehicles is far more expensive than personal insurance.

And if you're not sure, get a quote before you buy.
    Thanks - Direct Line were reasonable at £550 with two Directors on the Policy and the LTD Co pays )

Leave a comment:

• nickpowell77
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Hee hee. Ok. Who is the registered keeper? I'm a bit bemused why the OP didn't look in to doing this before ordering a car?
    My LTD Company will be the Registered keeper. The car has been ordered (outright purchase) so I am looking at insurance options.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by NowPermOutsideUK View Post

As someone thinking of getting a tesla can you explain what shock you mean ? Are teslas really that much more expensive to insure than standard diesel cars for a 40 year male?!
    no. Insurance for company vehicles is far more expensive than personal insurance.

And if you're not sure, get a quote before you buy.

Leave a comment:

• NowPermOutsideUK
    replied

you're in for a shock. Especially if on a lease.
    But you look the same as for personal. Use an aggregator Business Car Insurance | MoneySuperMarket

As someone thinking of getting a tesla can you explain what shock you mean ? Are teslas really that much more expensive to insure than standard diesel cars for a 40 year male?!

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied

given that it's a Tesla, so self-driving, and updated/controlled remotely over the airwaves, your question is more complex to answer than you think
    Hee hee. Ok. Who is the registered keeper? I'm a bit bemused why the OP didn't look in to doing this before ordering a car?

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Who owns the car?
    given that it's a Tesla, so self-driving, and updated/controlled remotely over the airwaves, your question is more complex to answer than you think

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Who owns the car?

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by nickpowell77 View Post
    Hi - I have a Tesla Model 3 on order and I need to sort out Business Car Insurance.

Does anybody have any recommendation as it will need to be my LTD Company who insures the car? We only need to ensure myself and my Wife

Also, any experiences on maintaining no-claims discount?

Thanks, Nick
    you're in for a shock. Especially if on a lease.
    But you look the same as for personal. Use an aggregator Business Car Insurance | MoneySuperMarket

Leave a comment:

• nickpowell77
    started a topic Recommendation for Business Car insurance

Recommendation for Business Car insurance

Hi - I have a Tesla Model 3 on order and I need to sort out Business Car Insurance.

Does anybody have any recommendation as it will need to be my LTD Company who insures the car? We only need to ensure myself and my Wife

Also, any experiences on maintaining no-claims discount?

Thanks, Nick

Working...
X