• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Determined outside, then client stopped paying and start IR35 determination

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hobnob View Post
    You (cwah) said that you've been there for a month, and they haven't paid you for the past 2 weeks. Just to clarify, have they paid you at all? Based on eek's comment, if they paid you at outside rates for the first week then it should be too late for them to change their mind.
    If the determination change the agency just needs to collect the appropriate tax from future payments or to vise the clause in your contract that allows them to request the money back from your company to ensure the tax is paid.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I just checked... I don't have a status determination document. I think they didn't do that and just said I was outside IR35.............

It sounds all f.. up...

I don't want to work there anymore....... especially if they're going to claw back some money they paid on top of having reduced my pay...

Comment

Originally posted by cwah View Post
        I just checked... I don't have a status determination document. I think they didn't do that and just said I was outside IR35.............

It sounds all f.. up...

I don't want to work there anymore....... especially if they're going to claw back some money they paid on top of having reduced my pay...
        You realise it sounds f.. up from both sides. Why did you start without seeing or confirming the status determination? We always talk about diligence when dealing with agents and that hasn't changed, new legislation or not. An SDS has to be done by law so you get a copy of it or confirm it. You don't take the agents word on anything.. ever.

I think you need to go back to the agent and discuss it with them. Like nearly all of your posts it makes little sense so hard to help. Speak to the agents and ask them why you haven't been paid, ask them what the situation was when they took you on re status and SDS and then ask them what on earth is going on. Don't come off the phone until you are satisfied.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Yes I was planning to call the agent tomorrow. I called today but it was too late.

I didn't know the SDS was a mandatory document to be produced. I just thought they must have done it when they gave me the contract..... what a mistake...

Comment

I wonder if this change of status will affect who pays the ERNIC?
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              I wonder if this change of status will affect who pays the ERNIC?
              Not really - it's the same pot of money.

The change in status means that the agency needs to deduct all the tax before passing the rest to your company.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by hobnob View Post
                You (cwah) said that you've been there for a month, and they haven't paid you for the past 2 weeks. Just to clarify, have they paid you at all? Based on eek's comment, if they paid you at outside rates for the first week then it should be too late for them to change their mind.
                the critical point about payment is when the client pays the agent, not when the agent pays the contractor.
                The agency is very likely paying up front.
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

I don't want to work there anymore.......
                  that's easy to sort. Just refuse to work under the new terms. Starting immediately.
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

that's easy to sort. Just refuse to work under the new terms. Starting immediately.
                    They haven't determined my status yet. So I have to wait a little bit.

I also had quite a bit of trouble last year to find contracts, although it was getting easier recently. I'd want to get a new contract ASAP if I'm inside but I don't want to take the risk to be again without any money in for months...

Comment

They haven't determined my status yet. So I have to wait a little bit.

I also had quite a bit of trouble last year to find contracts, although it was getting easier recently. I'd want to get a new contract ASAP if I'm inside but I don't want to take the risk to be again without any money in for months...
                      don't wait. Start looking for something else. They've stopped payment.
                      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                      X