• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Let to Buy re-mortgage deals

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

person b isn't you?
    no. NLUK
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

no. NLUK
      I know. You're being a bit special.

I was giving a speculative answer to your question

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I know. You're being a bit special.

I was giving a speculative answer to your question
        been to pub.... It's Friday....
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by luxCon View Post

Thanks, Will follow up

And it only took 16 post before a sensible reply !!

And for those who find the "Let to Buy" term rather amusing, it is a class of BLT mortgages, directed at people who already own a property they live in, but then decide to let it and remortgage on a letting mortgage. Some lenders treat Let to Buy differently to BLT.
          I assume you don't have an existing mortgage then and can't apply for a consent to let?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Couple of points on this one.
            1. Let to buy is a thing moreover known as rent to buy. OP might need the mortgage for the purpose.
            2. Pendantics aside. You really should never go direct with mortgages unless it is to an existing provider. Use a broker first. The deep levels of credit checking will show on your record and affect what credit you can get in the 6-9 month term.
            3. Try Shawbrooks if you must go direct YMMV.
            Former IPSE member
            My Website

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

I assume you don't have an existing mortgage then and can't apply for a consent to let?
              The property is already on BTL mortgage and is now coming to the end of the fixed term.

Existing lender is offering renewal at 1.69% for 2 years. Just wanted to know if there are better deals around before having to go through the whole process of registering with a broker, filling in pages of forms, provide KYC document only to end up them telling me the best offer is about the same as what I already have.

Comment

Originally posted by luxCon View Post

The property is already on BTL mortgage and is now coming to the end of the fixed term.

Existing lender is offering renewal at 1.69% for 2 years. Just wanted to know if there are better deals around before having to go through the whole process of registering with a broker, filling in pages of forms, provide KYC document only to end up them telling me the best offer is about the same as what I already have.
                take it.
                That's really good for a BTL mortgage.
                In fact that's really good for any mortgage.
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Grief yes, take it.

Even if you (OP) were to find a deal that shaves 0.1% off the deal, you'd pay for it by way of the one-off payment for the new deal with the new lender.
                  Last edited by simes; 25 April 2021, 09:34.

Comment

Working...
                  X