• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PAYE and NI question

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Orangecat View Post

Yes, 100% sure she has the eligibility to work. NI and eligibility are two different things. Think we will apply for a NI for her and then try to correct it. just want to see if anyone has experience on that. but thanks for the inputs. I think my accountant mentioned she will do early year adjustment for that, hopefully that will work.
    Given that you can pay NI without an NI number I find it highly suspicious that you were given an invalid one.

The only reason I’ve encountered people using an invalid one is when they don’t have the right to work in the uk and are trying to avoid explicit checks being made
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Given that you can pay NI without an NI number I find it highly suspicious that you were given an invalid one.

The only reason I’ve encountered people using an invalid one is when they don’t have the right to work in the uk and are trying to avoid explicit checks being made
      I tend to assume incompetency on someone's part rather than conspiracy.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

I tend to assume incompetency on someone's part rather than conspiracy.
        Which part of "We got her NI number wrong and she need to apply for a NI" makes it incompetency - someone somewhere has lied.

Given the UK employment laws and the need to check whether someone has permission to work this to me is identical to a whole load of care home issues an end client (large national care home group) want me to add into my systems (there are agencies who are pulling this trick for years moving their workers every 3 months as the truth is discovered)

As I said in my first post the reuse or use of an NI number that isn't yours is very common and given how NI numbers are issued (like confetti on demand) tells me an awful lot.

As for the OPs question you don't need to do that much assuming you are sending a payroll id for the employee updating the NI number should be enough to fix everything that matters (Student loans would be a different matter but you aren't doing that) https://www.dataplanpayroll.co.uk/pa...nge-their-tune has an overview.
        Last edited by eek; 2 April 2021, 07:45.

Comment

What I believe happened and I may be wrong, is that the op just gave money out of the company to their partner because they heard they can do so (read employ their partner) and have done so for 6 months and now at the end of the fiscal year they went to their accountant and said this is what I did and it needs sorting out. There are so many people out there just treating company money as their own, and go to their accountant only at the end of the year, you won't believe it...

Said accountant said OK I'll try - give me your partners NIN... they gave them something and the accountant said that's not a NIN...

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Which part of "We got her NI number wrong and she need to apply for a NI" makes it incompetency - someone somewhere has lied.
            Or has completely misunderstood what is going on, using the wrong word, the wrong concept etc. - hence incompetency.

Comment

I hope people are not accusing my accountant then accusing me, or if you don't accusing people then you feel something wrong? There is no partner involved, the accountant simply think another document number is NI, people made mistakes, that's it. I am not happy with it, but it doesn't mean anyone can turn clock back. As said, will update it think that will work. Can anyone delate this topic so that no further people can accuse, point finger etc or be mean? no one is illegal, no one is a partner of anyone, no one lies, employee is hired to serve the company. I have no idea why there are so many people think dark side. PLEASE anyone help delate this whole topic and I regret so much asking help here. I can't imagine that internet attract is happening here.
              Last edited by Orangecat; 6 April 2021, 09:42.

Comment

Originally posted by Orangecat View Post
                I hope people are not accusing my accountant then accusing me, or if you don't accusing people then you feel something wrong? There is no partner involved, the accountant simply think another document number is NI, people made mistakes, that's it. I am not happy with it, but it doesn't mean anyone can turn clock back. As said, will update it think that will work. Can anyone delate this topic so that no further people can accuse, point finger etc or be mean? no one is illegal, no one is a partner of anyone, no one lies, employee is hired to serve the company. I have no idea why there are so many people think dark side. PLEASE anyone help delate this whole topic and I regret so much asking help here.
                I'm sorry but that makes little sense - how can someone confuse something with an NI number.

Either way you asked how to fix it and the fix is simple, you send the next RTI submission with the correct or empty NI field and provided the rti submission has an payroll id it’s fixed automatically

Comment

The thread won't be deleted, nor the posts within it. No one knows who you are, so there really is no need. I'm sorry this turned into a witch hunt. I'll close the thread now. I think amidst the accusations there is some useful information for you.

Comment

Working...
                  X