• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hargreaves Landsdown pension transfer out

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was looking at moving from Hargreaves Landsdowne - currently paying £650 per annum fees

The IPSE Aegon pension has a charge of 0.23% (inclusive of administration and investment charges) but can't see how to compare this (e.g full SIPP value or certain funds)

It looks like the Interactive Investor is just a flat fee of £19.99 per month so should give me a saving of circa £400

Comment

Originally posted by silverlight1 View Post
      I was looking at moving from Hargreaves Landsdowne - currently paying £650 per annum fees

The IPSE Aegon pension has a charge of 0.23% (inclusive of administration and investment charges) but can't see how to compare this (e.g full SIPP value or certain funds)

It looks like the Interactive Investor is just a flat fee of £19.99 per month so should give me a saving of circa £400
      That is correct. At II for the monthly £19.99 you also have the trading account and ISA account included. And you get one free trade credit per month worth £7.99. The trade credits can roll up for three months. I usually use mine each month though.
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

I will update progress as mine goes through. I'm under no illusions. But it's not like I'm transferring cash (in specie). I'm transferring funds so any growth will carry on whilst it's done.
        My Vanguard fund arrived 2 weeks ago, and the S&P one yesterday.
        That's all funds, so just waiting for cash. Just over 3 months.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

If I have unused annual allowances from previous years contributions with HL, and I transfer to a new SIPP provider, I assume I can continue to make contributions for those previous years via the new provider?

Do I just need to retain my HL account / SIPP scheme number (proving the date of opening etc)?
          ‘His body, his mind and his soul are his capital, and his task in life is to invest it favourably to make a profit of himself.’ (Erich Fromm, ‘The Sane Society’, Routledge, 1991, p.138)

Comment

Originally posted by lecyclist View Post
            If I have unused annual allowances from previous years contributions with HL, and I transfer to a new SIPP provider, I assume I can continue to make contributions for those previous years via the new provider?

Do I just need to retain my HL account / SIPP scheme number (proving the date of opening etc)?
            If you max out the contributions to your SIPP for this year, you can carry forward unused contributions allowance for three previous years as long as you were in a pension scheme for those three years. You just need to keep good records in case you are asked by HMRC to justify what you did. There's no particular format for doing that. When I was using carry forward, I just kept notes of everything relevant on a spreadsheet so it was readily available.

Comment

Comparing is difficult, due to the various fees that providers charge. Hargreaves are the most expensive.

This spreadsheet is out of date now, but Halifax iweb are still a good platform and on the cheaper side.

You could do worse than update this spreadsheet if the figures have changed:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com...ns-spreadsheet

Comment

Originally posted by proudgeneralist View Post
                Comparing is difficult, due to the various fees that providers charge. Hargreaves are the most expensive.

This spreadsheet is out of date now, but Halifax iweb are still a good platform and on the cheaper side.

You could do worse than update this spreadsheet if the figures have changed:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com...ns-spreadsheet
                Sweeping generalisations can be highly misleading. Whilst I don't really advocate people using Hargreaves Lansdown, they can be highly cost effective. But to achieve that you must not invest in unit trusts or OIECs. Since the majority of people, including myself, wouldn't wish for the charges tail to wag the investment dog, then it makes sense to steer clear of HL as the retail investment platform of first choice.

Comment

and....... it's complete..... Quite why the cash component takes so long I don't know.
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                    and....... it's complete..... Quite why the cash component takes so long I don't know.
                    I'm still waiting for my final fund to transfer over!

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post

I'm still waiting for my final fund to transfer over!
                      do they need to sell a fund or can it transfer as the fund? It might take longer of they need to sell it
                      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                      X