• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Deemed Ltd vs Umbrella vs PAYE Temp worker

Collapse
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Deemed Ltd vs Umbrella vs PAYE Temp worker

    So we have received our long awaited SDS's and lo and behold we are found inside.

    Well just go umbrella you all say, interestingly they have presented a third option, PAYE Temp worker.

    Now am I missing something or is this just the same amount of pay as umbrella without the umbrella fees?

    Because that is how it looks, has anyone else been given this option?

    As long as day rate is the same surely you are going to get your pay like a good little PAYE worker and not have to deal with the brolly middleman?

    No need for comments of dangers going outside to in...I've aimed off for this

    #2
    Originally posted by Royston1664 View Post
    So we have received our long awaited SDS's and lo and behold we are found inside.

    Well just go umbrella you all say, interestingly they have presented a third option, PAYE Temp worker.

    Now am I missing something or is this just the same amount of pay as umbrella without the umbrella fees?

    Because that is how it looks, has anyone else been given this option?

    As long as day rate is the same surely you are going to get your pay like a good little PAYE worker and not have to deal with the brolly middleman?

    No need for comments of dangers going outside to in...I've aimed off for this
    Depends on whether you care about pensions and wish to put a substantial amount into it.

    PAYE worker and a large pension and they may keep the employer NI savings - with an umbrella those savings will end up in your pension pot.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

    Comment


      #3
      Someone still has to run PAYE which is an overhead. Is it the agent running it for you? You might find your day rate via the agent is different to the one via the umbrella. Unless the client is willing to do it I don't think you'll find anyone doing it for free.

      What do you mean you've aimed off? You are happy to discount the dangers of going outside to in? Why?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

      Comment


        #4
        Sadly the truth has come out, PAYE pays a lesser day rate than brolly, thought it was too good to be true...

        The aim off if I decide to to forward is I won't be renewing the same role, its a completely new role at a new location, just same client, its not much if they want to go after everyone at said client who is outside to in after April, but its something...

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Royston1664 View Post
          Sadly the truth has come out, PAYE pays a lesser day rate than brolly, thought it was too good to be true...

          The aim off if I decide to to forward is I won't be renewing the same role, its a completely new role at a new location, just same client, its not much if they want to go after everyone at said client who is outside to in after April, but its something...
          PAYE will also included holiday pay though (either 28 or 33 days depending on what the client's employees get).

          Factor that (10-13%) in by adding it to the PAYE rate and I suspect there may not be that much in it once you take away Employer NI from the umbrella side of things.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

          Comment


            #6
            What does "aim (or aimed) off" mean?

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              What does "aim (or aimed) off" mean?
              I think it means he's burying his head in the sand and doesn't care so he's going to stay regardless of the risks.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

              Comment


                #8

                Different role so risk is greatly reduced to point of not being worth worrying about.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Royston1664 View Post
                  Different role so risk is greatly reduced to point of not being worth worrying about.
                  Same agent or a different agent

                  If it's the same agent and the end client has deemed everyone inside the fact you've moved to a different role wouldn't make any difference if HMRC came looking.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Royston1664 View Post
                    Different role so risk is greatly reduced to point of not being worth worrying about.
                    Is it really though?
                    Would it be a different role if scrutinised?
                    The fact you recognise that both are 'roles' suggests that this is simply a paper exercise. Or does the statement of work you had before differ completely to what the expectations are for your employment?
                    See You Next Tuesday

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X